Fit to Window Preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fit to Window Preference

Two requests around the View > Fit to Window (hotkey 5) option.
    1) Make it 'sticky' across Player sessions. When checking footage from my lower resolution laptop each time I open frames I first get afraid that my camera framing is off and then i realize the frame is cropped and have to resize. It would be nice is there was a defaults/prefereces menu that allowed saved settings like that so it was 'always on' when opening new footage.
    2) Make it modal, or 'live' or respond to further UI changes. Right now it's press the button and it sets the zoom level once and never changes it until you press the button. What would be nicer is if 'fit to window' is enabled, then any actions of resizing the Player window, would rescale the footage to match. Similarly I notice toggling the Layer Properties panel just shits the footage left/right and will crop it within the window again. I find myself often going back and double tapping 5 to get my footage reframed in the window properly anytime I make changes. Effectively I think this should be like After Effect's footage or composition viewer 'fit to window' setting, where it is dynamic.
    | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Good point on #1, making a note.
    I'm not sure I fully get #2, though. If you can get me examples in other applications I can check as reference or illustrate it in any way, it would be mighty helpful.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Compare to the default Windows "Photos" app for instance. There, if I've set the image to "Zoom to fit" instead of "Actual size" then what happens as I resize the window is the image scales properly, staying within whatever the new window size as I move it around. It is dynamic and is constantly fitting within the frame.

With Player, when I scale my window down, the image gets cropped again instead of continuing to resize to stay within the available display. Then I have to press 5 again to fit. Resize the window, now I have to press 5 again. I should only have to press 5 once to turn the mode on, so then afterward anytime the window resizes it stays Fit until the setting is disabled or I go back to Actual Size mode.
      | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

Thanks for the tips, it's a lot more clear to me now.
        We'll work on that.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X