Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Lavina, beta v0.2.0 is now live!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Lavina, beta v0.2.0 is now live!

Dear beta testers,

Thank you for your support and your feedback! I am happy to announce the next beta for Project Lavina! Our team has added some important features that enable even more possibilities. Here are the highlights:
    • Added support for Opacity in clip mode
      • Project Lavina will now load bitmaps used in the opacity input. The opacity currently works in clip mode, i. e. there will be no semi-transparency but either fully opaque or fully transparent. This will help greatly rendering of vegetation. Please note that this will affect performance, and that is the reason the option is disabled by default. Since Project Lavina works great with high polygon count, consider using cut-out leaves in favor of opacity maps. That would provide better performance.
    • Improved animation support
      • We have expanded the animation support with three separate modes and animation preview. The "Scene" mode shows the existing vrscene animation of the camera and the objects. In "Cameras" mode, Project Lavina will loop through the user defined camera slots drop-down (side note - the camera transition time can be adjusted in the preferences). The "Walkthrough" mode extends the existing animation from beta 1 by allowing you to preview your recorded walkthrough (if present) and render it out. Additionally, the timeline has "In" and "Out" markers, which allow for trimming the animation before rendering.
      • For a more detailed overview be sure to check the animation workflows video here.
    • Added presets for navigation controls
      • In the preferences window, you will find a drop-down with navigation presets for "3ds Max", "Maya" and "Sketchup". These affect the mouse and modifier keys behavior. The selection style is still a separate drop-down in the preferences window.
    • Improved silhouette denoising
      • The denoiser was improved to handle outlines of objects much better.
    • Improved status bar
      • The status bar is streamlined for ease of use with color coded stats and tool tips for more advanced stats.
    • Added separate background support
      • Users can now change the color/image that is used for the background. The "Environment" input still controls what is the color/image for GI, Reflections and Refractions.
    • The Dome light texture is now automatically set as "Environment" image.
    • Pressing the "Shift" key in Free look mode increases movement speed (activates "running").
    • Added auto-pause rendering functionality when Lavina is out of focus. This only works in interactive mode. It will not affect "High Quality" rendering, which has its own pause button.
    • Other changes and full change log can be found here.

Once again, thank you for being a part of our beta and continue to share your feedback!

The Project Lavina Team
    Last edited by s.balabanov; 12-03-2020, 01:47 PM.

Dear beta testers,

We have released an update - Project Lavina, beta 2.1

This update focuses on the user experience and navigation. The highlights are:
    • Improved denoiser blending
    • Improved camera navigation
    • Improved camera transitions
    • Improved navigation presets

Full change log can be found here.

Stay safe!
    The Project Lavina Team

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Dear beta testers,

We have released an update - Project Lavina, beta 2.2

This update adds new functionality and improves user experience and navigation. The highlights are:
        • Support for IES lights
        • Support for Spot lights from Maya/Modo/Katana/Cinema4D/Sketchup/Rhino
        • Object pivot import and manipulation
        • Move Pivot tool
        • Navigation target type option - Ray hit or Camera target
        • Improved navigation - gizmo for orbit pivot and zoom point

Full change log can be found here.

And you can watch overview video here.

Thank you and stay safe!
        The Project Lavina Team

Comment

the new video looks great! will test it asap!

Comment

Is there a new update coming soon?
            We like the monthly improvements and are exited to see what the next release will have.

Comment

Hi VR-studio!

Yes, absolutely. In fact, you can expect a new build next week, so keep an eye on the announcements.

Thanks for the support!

Comment

There will be a lot coming in this next one that should explain why it's taking us a bit longer than usual.
                We also had these little things called V-Ray 5 and V-Ray Collection to ship today
                - Phil

VP Product Management, Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by s.balabanov View Post
                  Yes, absolutely. In fact, you can expect a new build next week, so keep an eye on the announcements.
                  Sweat! I can't wait to see it!

Comment

Hi to all
                    I'm an atypical tester for Lavina. Since i don't use it exclusively for arch&Design but just for testing real-time capabilities of this promising software. I think it's awesome to have real time feedback of a complex scene just because raytracing. i've made two "serious" tests you can check on my Behance.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/9240...nd-with-Lavina
                    https://www.behance.net/gallery/98174847/Forgotten

The first one is very simple but the second one is made of all kind of sources, Scanned content, Substance materials and some hand painted.
                    One click and everything was in. Only the SSS couldn't Make it but the other stuff was there.

Hope to have more time left for a coulple of tests more before the beta closes.

Cheers!
                    Last edited by datalost; 19-06-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
                      There will be a lot coming in this next one that should explain why it's taking us a bit longer than usual.
                      We also had these little things called V-Ray 5 and V-Ray Collection to ship today
                      Can't wait to see!!!
                      The numbers of polygons it can handle is out of this world, even a scene that Lumion couldn't handle imported from sketch-up did just fine (over 30fps) in Lavina. It's almost magic ​.
                      And our last scene with 48 forest and railclone clusters hit de 1200 billion and still worked.

Comment

I have a GTX1070 and two GTX1080s. Can I tell Lavina to only use my 1080s? The interface now reminds me of the early days of Vray RT when everything spluttered. Or is the GTX1XXX series way to old to be useful?

Comment

Or is the GTX1XXX series way to old to be useful?
                          Yes, we recommend using an RTX GPU.

Greetings,
                          Vladimir Nedev
                          Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 24-06-2020, 02:28 PM.
                          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Right, obviously recommended, but besides the mouse freezing it seems usable. Can I exclude one of the cards like I use to in Vray RT, ie. keep one card for the UI?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicinus View Post
                              Right, obviously recommended, but besides the mouse freezing it seems usable. Can I exclude one of the cards like I use to in Vray RT, ie. keep one card for the UI?
                              It's possible only through the command line for now.
                              The process is explained in this post : https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...08#post1060808

What frame rate is it running on your scenes and the 1070/1080 ?
                              Right now we are engaging the GPU way too much, we are using 100% of it, so you will get these freezes in other software when the frame rate is low.

Greetings,
                              Vladimir Nedev
                              Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Working...
                              X