Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vantage .......So how much is it going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage .......So how much is it going to be?

So like many I have received the dreaded Vantage email, stating it is no longer going to be free.
    But no price...Why not................you know how much your going to charge ............to lets have it.

What I will say is .......with Vray prices gone up, and now Vantage is going to be a paid subscription also.......My other licence of Corona will be getting the bullet.
    To many bills.
    Why are you charging......Unreal is free, why charge to an additional software that my bring people to use it and pay for main one?

Phil

I'm sorry to hear that the message you received wasn't clear.
    Chaos Vantage has been part of V-Ray Premium & Enterprise since V-Ray 6 first shipped last summer. A V-Ray trial is actually that of V-Ray Premium, and so that allows you to try Chaos Vantage as well.
    Once your trial expires (including the early, year-long Vantage trials) you will need to have a V-Ray Premium or Enterprise license to keep running Vantage.

- Phil
    - Phil

VP Product Management, Chaos Group

Comment

That's a bit snippy of a reply. I never said it was not clear.
      I have a premium Licence.
      But lets just say everything has to be paid for now seperatly.
      That cost gets added to clients bills and they are touchy enough as it is with the cost of 3D modeling and rendering.

Comment

I don’t know that this is anything new. I was using the free year trial, which expired a few months ago, so I switched to premium to still access Vantage. I am also now using Phoenix, which is part of the premium package.
        ​
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
          I'm sorry to hear that the message you received wasn't clear.
          Chaos Vantage has been part of V-Ray Premium & Enterprise since V-Ray 6 first shipped last summer. A V-Ray trial is actually that of V-Ray Premium, and so that allows you to try Chaos Vantage as well.
          Once your trial expires (including the early, year-long Vantage trials) you will need to have a V-Ray Premium or Enterprise license to keep running Vantage.

- Phil
          So you are saying that if I have V-Ray Premium or Enterprise license I will be able to keep running Vantage? That is not how I interpreted the mail, which seems to state Vantage won't be a part of those packages?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicinus View Post

So you are saying that if I have V-Ray Premium or Enterprise license I will be able to keep running Vantage? That is not how I interpreted the mail, which seems to state Vantage won't be a part of those packages?
            It definitely says it won't be a part of those packages. The caveat being that if you currently have a premium or enterprise you'll be able to use 2.0 until your next renewal cycle. For me that's a couple months from now. If 2.0 arrives at end of June I'll get about a month before it removed from the subscription license and have to pay separate for Vantage.

Comment

This whole Vray, Phoenix, Vantage, Autodesk stuff starts to bug me seriously.
              www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

From the Email -

"Subscription changes:
                • Vantage 2.0 will be sold as a separate product. This means that Chaos Vantage will no longer be packaged within V-Ray Premium or Enterprise subscriptions after its release."
                The entire reason I switched to the subscription last year is because I was told the only way I would be able to access Vantage was to be on subscription - now you're pulling it out of the subscription!! I feel like I was tricked and lied to into getting onto the subscription and now the entire reason for me to get on the subscription has been removed. Very Frustrating! I've always felt Chaos was above this sort of thing - but congratulations - you've stooped to a lower level.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Owen

​

Comment

Originally posted by owen_mcdonald View Post
                  From the Email -

"Subscription changes:
                  • Vantage 2.0 will be sold as a separate product. This means that Chaos Vantage will no longer be packaged within V-Ray Premium or Enterprise subscriptions after its release."
                  The entire reason I switched to the subscription last year is because I was told the only way I would be able to access Vantage was to be on subscription - now you're pulling it out of the subscription!! I feel like I was tricked and lied to into getting onto the subscription and now the entire reason for me to get on the subscription has been removed. Very Frustrating! I've always felt Chaos was above this sort of thing - but congratulations - you've stooped to a lower level.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Owen

​
                  I absolutely agree with you.
                  I've just reread the 2 emails I received in July and August 2022 regarding the Premium migration, and nowhere does it mention that Vantage is included "temporarily" until the release of V2.

I too thought that Chaos was different in terms of pricing policy....I was mistaken.

With this mentality, Cosmos may well become a paying product in the future too.​
                  Windows 10 - RTX 3090 - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - 128 Go RAM
                  Sketchup PRO 24.0.594 + V-Ray 6.20.06
                  3DS Max 2024.2.3 + V-Ray 6.20.06
                  3DS Max 2025.2 + V-Ray 7 BETA
                  Chaos Vantage 2.5.2
                  GeForce Studio Ready Driver Version 561.09​​

Comment

This is unacceptable! How can you guys justify doing this with all that's going on right now? What is the breakdown of pricing here?

Comment

Apologies! I wasn't aware that communication was sent out this week.

So yes, starting with Vantage 2 (at the end of June), Chaos Vantage will be sold as an independent product and will no longer be part of V-Ray Premium/Enterprise. We are doing this so that people who do not require V-Ray, or the rest of V-Ray Premium, can purchase Vantage while also allowing Vantage to expand more easily on its own going forward.

What's important to note is that everyone who is using Vantage through V-Ray Premium/Enterprise can continue to do so for the rest of their current subscription. Everyone who purchased V-Ray Premium/Enterprise to use Vantage will continue to have exactly what they paid for. If you purchase V-Ray Premium next week, you will be able to keep using Vantage for 12 months from next week (not to mention the rest of V-Ray Premium).

Kind regards,
                      - Phil

Comment

Sorry for my confusion, but so I understand - My renewal is in July - Will I be able to continue to use Vantage as part of my subscription or will I have to purchase it separately?

Thanks for the clarification,

Owen

Comment

Hi Owen,

You will receive a Vantage 2 license that will continue through your July renewal time. On your renewal date, you will need to purchase an independent Vantage 2 license to keep using Vantage. You can as also decide at this point whether you need to renew V-Ray Premium or if V-Ray Solo is enough for your V-Ray work.

Kind regards,
                          - Phil

Comment

What will happen, if I get a 3-year subscription?
                            Could I renew my subscription early and would that change anything?

bye, Jan
                            https://www.instagram.com/bildform.de/

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
                              Apologies! I wasn't aware that communication was sent out this week.

So yes, starting with Vantage 2 (at the end of June), Chaos Vantage will be sold as an independent product and will no longer be part of V-Ray Premium/Enterprise. We are doing this so that people who do not require V-Ray, or the rest of V-Ray Premium, can purchase Vantage while also allowing Vantage to expand more easily on its own going forward.

What's important to note is that everyone who is using Vantage through V-Ray Premium/Enterprise can continue to do so for the rest of their current subscription. Everyone who purchased V-Ray Premium/Enterprise to use Vantage will continue to have exactly what they paid for. If you purchase V-Ray Premium next week, you will be able to keep using Vantage for 12 months from next week (not to mention the rest of V-Ray Premium).

Kind regards,
                              I am genuinely intrigued to know why someone would buy Vantage if they did not use Vray in any one of the currently supported DCCs.
                              Unless of course it is to use solely with a vanilla version of one of those, using Arnold or whatever is bundled with it.
                              Maybe I'm missing something obvious regarding this, but isn't that going to be rather complicated, in terms of material conversions and the inclusion of Cosmos, which uses Vray materials?

I am curious to know also if there will be a reduction in the price of the 2 subs it is being stripped from, as seemingly clearly (ofc I have no evidence) its
                              addition was some part of the reasoning behind the price hike/sub changes some time ago. I also only paid for Premium because I needed Vantage.

With regard to the comment ''...so that people who do not require V-Ray, or the rest of V-Ray Premium...'' etc., I can
                              understand that (my client was rightly annoyed that they needed to pay 600 quid just to use it alone).

However, I don't use anything but Vray for Max, with Vantage and for occasional use, Phoenix. I can't believe I am in a tiny minority group in that respect.
                              So, by the same token, why is there not a sub that is priced to incorporate those, rather than an arbitrary and changeable price for a load of ''integrations'' which I have zero use for?
                              If you have customers who, as possibly a large studio might, use multiple DCCs then surely you can provide those options on demand, by using an appropriate pricing structure.

I have to add that if I was VP of product management I'd be furious that a rather significant email was sent out completely without my knowledge

https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
                              X