Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vantage .......So how much is it going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have write a ticket officially to get a response on the proposed new development of Vantage?
    Genuinely asking.
    Thank you npg

Comment

I assume bos had some request related to a purchase. I don't have access to that ticketing system, but I can ping the support team.
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

Thank you , I don't know if a complaint about a price hike deserves a ticket from support.......... it's not their decision.

NPG........... you know .I have visions of some sort of RGP ( Rocket Propelled Grenade) anigrame......but see it is Nikola Goranov...............

Comment

Originally posted by philip kelly View Post
          Couldn't agree more with your statement. No response at all from the Chaos,,,,,,,Very disappointing, almost arrogant.

Be professional and pay respect to your customers please, and open a line of dialogue, they are the reason you have been successful in part after all.
          Give them a break! There might not me WIFI on the yacht. Just a joke to lighten the mood.
          Last edited by glorybound; 21-06-2023, 10:21 AM.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

npg My ticket ID # is 129810. My Vray Premium subscription is up on the 27th of June. I want to know if they are releasing Vantage 2.0 the day before or not so I can either renew now just let the auto renew go. Regardless of what the price is at this point I'm held hostage to renew because my active projects all use Vray and I need it for the duration of those projects. The only silver lining would be able to have access to Vantage 2.0 through the next year of subscription to at least test it out to see if it's worth the price.

Comment

I sent an internal message asking to prioritize your ticket.
              Nikola Goranov
              Chaos Developer

Comment

Originally posted by bos View Post
                npg My ticket ID # is 129810. My Vray Premium subscription is up on the 27th of June. I want to know if they are releasing Vantage 2.0 the day before or not so I can either renew now just let the auto renew go. Regardless of what the price is at this point I'm held hostage to renew because my active projects all use Vray and I need it for the duration of those projects. The only silver lining would be able to have access to Vantage 2.0 through the next year of subscription to at least test it out to see if it's worth the price.
                My understanding is you get accress to the pre-2.0 release with the subscription. I might have misunderstood.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

glorybound Their email blast said:

"This change will not immediately affect you as a V-Ray Premium/Enterprise customer, as you will receive a complimentary Vantage 2 license for the duration of your current subscription."

So I'd hope it's not a pre-2.0 release and the actual 2.0 version, but at this point I would not be surprised if you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by npg View Post
                    I sent an internal message asking to prioritize your ticket.
                    Thank you

Comment

As stated in the email notifications, Vantage 2 will be releasing at the end of this month, so it would be prudent to renew your V-Ray Premium subscription this week if your renewal date is soon as there are very few days remaining in June.
                      - Phil

VP Product Management, Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
                        As stated in the email notifications, Vantage 2 will be releasing at the end of this month, so it would be prudent to renew your V-Ray Premium subscription this week if your renewal date is soon as there are very few days remaining in June.
                        Phillip Miller If I renew early will I be compensated for the overlapping week? There is no renew early button. I have to cancel my auto renew and purchase a new Vray premium subscription. I know when you cancel or adjust your plan with Adobe subscription you are credited for the remaining amount, it's just good business.

Also the "For the duration of your current Subscription" line in the email, does this mean if I sub back up with a 3 year subscription I'll get Vantage for 3 years?

Comment

>>does this mean if I sub back up with a 3 year subscription I'll get Vantage for 3 years?
                          Yes - duration is for whatever duration you currently have. So if you have a 3 year V-Ray Premium subscription when Vantage 2 ships, your newly issued Vantage 2 license will be for 3 years long as well.
                          - Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
                            your newly issued Vantage 2 license will be for 3 years long as well.
                            Phillip Miller Will this is always be just a Vantage 2 license? Meaning Vantage 3 or whatever variation of it occurs over the next 3 years will not apply? I'd like to assume a license gives you access to that product as it develops, but all it takes is an email sent out by Chaos to wipe away whatever we were told when the vray bundle came about. A little rebranding here and there and you could remove Cosmos and call it "Animated Cosmos" and say we don't have access. 3 Years is a steep upfront cost to pay for a product that can't guarantee there will be no bait and switch.

Comment

The new Vantage license (starting with its version 2) is a subscription, so as long as your subscription/license is active you have access to the latest Vantage version, as well as previous versions. So if you have a 3 year subscription, you will always have access to the latest, no matter what the version numbering may be for the next 3 years. This is the case for all Chaos product subscriptions. Cosmos is already a feature of Vantage, so its inclusion will continue with Vantage going forward.
                              - Phil

Comment

At this point it is sit and wait for the new release and see if it's what you want to use or not.
                                Thank you for answering queries in the forum Mr Miller.

Comment

Working...
                                X