Animation problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation problem

I'm rendering an interior space with Vantage and there are some strange artifacts appearing around my ceiling lights, they are plane vray lights. Take a look at this animation and tell me what you think is causing this and how I can fix it, please!

What Vantage build are you using ?
    What's your GPU and driver version ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I've tried build 2.2.3 and 2.3 and it shows up in both of them. I have a Geforce RTX 3080 using this driver version 31.0.15.5123.

Comment

Is motion blur enabled? Our motion blur is a post-processing pass and can sometimes produce similar streaks (it was intended for interactive mode but we ended up allowing it for final renders due to the lack of raytraced blur).
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

Maybe a fix would be to use the the rect lights to illuminate the space, but make them invisible. Add a self-illuminated texture and bump the intensity up. In Vantage turn on Bloom and set it enough to see some bloom along the edges of your fixture.

Comment

I updated Vantage to the newest version and installed the most current Nvidai drivers, but the streaks are still there. I tried hiding the lights and the streaks did disappear from the lights but the snorkels hanging from the ceiling started producing them, this time they were coming from the metal material on them. I disabled motion blur in 3D Studio and turned it off in Vantage saving that configuration as default, but it didn't work, and motion blur was still happening. I also disabled caustics in Vantage thinking that was the cause, but it was still happening, I'm not 100% sure that the setting changes stuck in Vantage though. I've been using Vantage since it came out years ago, this is the first time I've seen this problem, please help!!!

Comment

motion blur was still happening
              This is very strange. I think we will need some screenshots or video...
              Nikola Goranov
              Chaos Developer

Comment

The video is posted above.

Comment

I meant we need to see your steps in the UI because I can't imagine how you can disable motion blur and it would still render motion blur.
                  Nikola Goranov
                  Chaos Developer

Comment

Ok the problem is being caused by motion blur, any idea how to fix this?

Comment

This post-processed motion blur was added for interactive rendering in the earliest versions of Lavina. At some point we allowed it for offline renders because of the lack of raytraced blur, but its quality is often not good enough for final renders. I think your only alternative is to render with no blur.
                      Nikola Goranov
                      Chaos Developer

Comment

I thought my problems were over but unfortunately not, now I'm dealing with noise and flickering. I've tried all the quality settings and while they reduce it I've never gotten a clean animation, this example is set to ultra with 350 samples. As you can see everything close to the camera looks good but things in the background have noise and the ceiling flickers constantly. What's happened to Vantage, I did several interior animations last year and never had these problems!! What settings should I be using to get rid of this??

Comment

Video is inaccessible.

Are you using Optix + "reduce flickering"? You have many lights - try using reservoir resampling ("spatial importance" is probably better kept disabled). Also try more LC samples if those were low to begin with.
                          Last edited by npg; 16-04-2024, 06:01 AM.
                          Nikola Goranov
                          Chaos Developer

Comment

Video should be accessible now, just incase here's another link. Yes I'm using Optix & reduce flickering.

Comment

I was able to log in with a google account to watch it. So the flickering on the ceiling seems to be from "regular" sampling noise. I noticed some weird artifacts around vertical edges (e.g. around 0:10 and 0:38 ) - those are weird and I'm not sure what is causing them.

Another thing to try is to enable Preferences->Render defaults->Optix Legacy mode.

You are using driver 551.23 and a single 3080, right?
                              Nikola Goranov
                              Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
                              X