GPU Pipeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Pipeline

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but prior to the last update, starting Lavina was incredibly quick (except for first launch after installation as explained in splash screen). After the update it takes a while to start Lavina everytime, just like the first run (compiling the GPU Pipeline). If anyone else is having the same issue or not, thought it's worth mentioning.

Can you tell us about your setup ? How many GPUs and what are they exactly ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

This probably has to do with the shader cache. Does clearing the DirectX Shader Cache through the Windows Disk Cleanup utility help?

p.s. This is not expected behavior. However we do expect multiple GPUs to initialize slower, because they go one by one currently. Most of us can't reproduce the issue, although at least one colleague confirmed it.
      Last edited by npg; 24-04-2020, 09:14 AM.
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

My system is just using a single 2070 Super. I did clear my DirectX Cache and the problem still persists. Even after a reboot.

Comment

Could you share a log file from an "empty" session - no need to load any scenes? It contains some timing information. It is located at %APPDATA%\Chaos Group\Project Lavina\debug_log.txt
          Nikola Goranov
          Chaos Developer

Comment

Seems some of the recent drivers have a shader cache bug. The latest release 445.98 supposedly fixed one such bug: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...?commentPage=2

p.s. No need for the log file if this fixes the issue
            Last edited by npg; 27-04-2020, 03:32 AM.
            Nikola Goranov
            Chaos Developer

Comment

yep, i had read about this yesterday and updated myself.
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Updating now. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X