Emissive materials in Vray doesn't work in Chaos Vantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    Its working if you delete the Vray MTL and if you use only the emissive texture.
    https://www.behance.net/Mala_Suerte

Comment

Hi jiminy-billy-bob,

Yes, the Emissive material is a generic material with an Emissive layer, but internally it is exported differently than if you have an additional V-Ray layer in the stack. That stack Vantage doesn't support.

Best regards,
      Alexander
      Last edited by Alexander.Atanasov; 20-04-2023, 11:06 PM.
      Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
        Hi jiminy-billy-bob,

Yes, the Emissive material is a generic material with an Emissive layer, but internally it is exported differently than if you have an additional V-Ray layer in the stack. That stack Vantage doesn't support.

Best regards,
        Alexander
        Well then I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can you check the attached screenshot?
        (The whole store front is a single emissive material)

Click image for larger version  Name:	vantage_emissive.png Views:	0 Size:	522.3 KB ID:	1178632

Comment

The issue is different here - Transparency option inside the Emissive material is currently not supported. Please check the supported parameters and materials here: https://docs.chaos.com/pages/viewpag...hino-Materials

If you remove the additional sprites(front and middle), uncheck Compensate EV and Increase the Intensity - the renders should match: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1vtjc...FqZX8h_BAQdvjx
          It is not ideal for the RoomBox, but it is the current limitation and we will try to add support for transparency in the future.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Oh I see, thanks!
            Indeed transparency would be quite useful.

Comment

Using 2.2.2 and still having this issue. This completely renders RoomBox plugin useless in Vantage. Bummer!
              Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

HI Guys, after installing the new update today the linking is not working at all. something is super wrong , i had to go back to 2.2.0 and now it works.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

This completely renders RoomBox plugin useless in Vantage
                  Yes, we haven't still add support for transparency in the emissive material. I will try to bump the priority.

Hi amirhassan_razmara,

What version of V-Ray and SketchUp are you using? Does the live link not work only with the latest release of Vantage(2.2.2) or it doesn't work with the previous one as well(2.2.1)? Can you record a video of the issue because I cannot reproduce it on my end?

Best regards,
                  Alexander
                  Last edited by Alexander.Atanasov; 09-02-2024, 02:28 AM.
                  Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Thank you for the bump on the priority list. It's one of the last wish list items to get VRay for SketchUp and Vantage working seamlessly!

Matthew Valero, ASAI

Comment

Working...
                    X