Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s.balabanov View Post
    Hello q976431,

We are looking into adding scattering functionality to Vantage. However, we'll most likely add it as a separate scattering tool and not as a part of the VRayMtl. This way there will be more control over the scattered objects, density, transformation etc.
    Water ripples and waves would require procedural maps in bump and this is not yet supported. Also, adding it to the VRayMtl is not ideal, since not every material requires this effect. We could start by making some material for the most basic types of water/waves, would these work?

Best regards,
    Simeon
    sure. These are very good news,
    Yes, you can consider making materials for vantage only. Add some presets to achieve some fixed effects, such as rain falling on the ground. For example, D5 or lumion have similar functions. Modularize some special effects. Render only within vantage

However, I used a small technique to realize the use of procedural maps in bumps. Just give a normal map and add Noise to the normal. Maybe it is not accurate, but it is acceptable to the naked eye

If external plug-ins, such as forest, cannot quickly update and fake a large number of geometry to vantage, The tools developed by the vantage team can help optimize these problems. ,Or Vray can optimize the speed of exporting forest
    Last edited by q976431; 26-05-2022, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by npg View Post
      Yes, I sent them the info. But don't assume that there will be results yet.
      Recently, I have a project that takes only 1 minute to output a frame. However, due to the slow switching of the timeline speed, I need to wait an extra 2 minutes. This increases a lot of output time. Is there no temporary solution at present? Because the vantage real-time link seems to have to wait for vraygpu data, In vray GPU IPR the frame switching will be very slow in some cases

Comment

Apart from deselecting the Forest object, I'm not sure what else can be done right now. If you could simplify the scene (like hiding parts, etc.) it could help of course, but you probably can't do that.

The V-Ray for Max team is busy with the V-Ray 6 release, so it will take a while before they have the time to look into this. And it's unclear if a significant improvement can be made.

We also can't avoid waiting for this process because this is how Vantage gets the scene data: through the V-Ray exporter.

Maybe you could export a vrscene and render your sequence by loading from file instead of over live link? Unless you're using deformable meshes that won't work outside of live link. This workaround of course also only works for final rendering, not for working with the scene interactively in Max.
        Nikola Goranov
        Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
        X