Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Anima 4D People material

Hi Developer team!
    I have problem while rendering anima 4D people. It's all Yellow. So please let me khow if we have any solution and advice in this case!
    Thanks!
    R
    Bin

Hi Bin,

There are known issues when rendering Anima4D people in live link (https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...g-of-animation), but this specific one can be fixed by enabling 'Use Render State in IPR' option in 3ds Max(Settings>Global switches https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1bboA...OEeaJ0UXA6vH4X).

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

yayyy I love you man! Can I become a Chaos Vantage beta tester please!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
        Hi Bin,

There are known issues when rendering Anima4D people in live link (https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...g-of-animation), but this specific one can be fixed by enabling 'Use Render State in IPR' option in 3ds Max(Settings>Global switches https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1bboA...OEeaJ0UXA6vH4X).

Best regards,
        Alexander
        How come It's disabled (Vray GPU 6 hotfix 2)
        Attached Files

Comment

How come It's disabled
          If you are in Live link that option will be greyed out. Stop live link and it will be available, enable it and start live link again.
          Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

If you are in Live link that option will be greyed out. Stop live link and it will be available, enable it and start live link again.
            It work but when render animation with chao vantage some 4d people has problem like people on the right in attachment

Attached Files

Comment

Yes, this is a known issue(as from the thread post I mentioned earlier) and we are currently working with AXYZ on finding a solution for rendering the Anima 4d people when in Live link.

Best regards,
              Alexander
              Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Yes, this is a known issue(as from the thread post I mentioned earlier) and we are currently working with AXYZ on finding a solution for rendering the Anima 4d people when in Live link.

Best regards,
                Alexander
                thank you! Do you have any daily build version that I can try?

Comment

Currently we do not provide nightly build access for Vantage. However, this may change in the future. Stay tuned for any new development in any of the issues.

Best regards,
                  Alexander
                  Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Hello,

Is there any idea when this might get fixed? I'm a long-time Vantage user but a new subscriber to the Anima 4D stuff. The whole reason I purchased the package was to harness the great quality of the 4D people, which unfortunately isn't possible through Vantage at the moment.

Having said that, I have found a "sort of" workaround in order to render animations with 4D People using Live Link - but it's far from ideal.

As mentioned in a previous thread, it appears that Vantage has issues updating the material on the 4D animated characters, and when the animated texture needs to change it uses the old one and you get this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1388
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1176338

So...​

The first step was to check the "Use Render State in IPR"

Views:	1370
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1176336

Once I've established that the animation is working, by scrubbing through the timeline in 3DS Max, and checking the 4D people (textures and animations) update correctly, I can then start to render the frames.

Click forward 1 frame in 3D Studio max.

Views:	1420
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	1176334

When you click forward frame by frame, Vantage has no problem in updating the relevant material on the 4D character. Next, hit High-Quality Render in Vantage and render out the frame.

Views:	1367
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1176335
                    The frames will then render out and be numbered in a sensible fashion for use in Premiere (or whatever you use).

​​This basically means you have to sit there and render the animation manually frame by frame. Which, again, is far from ideal.

It also meant the animation couldn't use the "Reduce Flickering" option available in the "Render Animation Using Vantage" option in 3DS Max, which presumably uses some kind of temporal AA.
                    I haven't tried rendering with higher settings which may reduce this, but as you can imagine it's highly time-consuming doing it this way.

Views:	1373
Size:	597.0 KB
ID:	1176337

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Hi andew_forbes,

We have nearly fixed the issue internally. However since the issue is with both V-Ray and Anima you will need to update both for the fix to work. We will let you know when builds for the fix are available.

Best regards,
                      Alexander
                      Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

That's great news! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Comment

This texture issue on 4D characters is not only with Vray. I am using unreal engine to render animations, and in almost every single time I've rendered the 4D people textures got messed up in some frames, and we can't even render the messed up frames alone because 4D people in unreal engine do not play with the timeline, so they will be in a different pose when re-rendering. Hopefully chaos will do what AXYZ never did, improve the software from the UI, to the stability of characters.
                          I recently tested Iclone, and it is miles ahead of Anima.

Comment

Found the fix for UNREAL 5 in the anima group:

This is an issue that may happen when rendering complex scenes while using GPU acceleration for video decoding on the 4D models. To avoid it, change the video decoder device to CPU here:

Name:	410972871_10227082153492445_1529769208659463065_n.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1205207
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X