Gradient Opacity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gradient Opacity?

No support for grads in the material opacity slot? Tried procedural and a bitmap. It's either on or off, the whole thing. That hurts.

Opacity maps are only supported as a "cutout" (when the toolbar option is enabled) - so what you are experiencing is as expected. Supporting variable transparency is very compute intensive, and would keep Vantage from being able to be real-time.
    - Phil

VP Product Management, Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Miller View Post
      Opacity maps are only supported as a "cutout" (when the toolbar option is enabled) - so what you are experiencing is as expected. Supporting variable transparency is very compute intensive, and would keep Vantage from being able to be real-time.
      Can you put an option to activate or deactivate this features?This is a very important feature in case you want to animate a fade of an object. Most ( all) of us use Vantage to Render animations and not for pure realtime. So we can wait 3 second more per frame. If i want realtime i will use Unreal Engine for example...
      Render and Animation - WWW.IMERGO.IT

Comment

Looking for this as well. I'm trying to create floor planes that fade off. For architectural renderings. In 3DS max I use a vray plane. Or a plane with a radial gradient opacity to have the material (usually a reflective floor) fade into the background. I've tried to compensate in Vantage with the FOG settings but I cant get them confined to the plane.

Comment

Working...
        X