Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantage not starting even though RTX 2080 card selected

Hi there,
    I did read some other posts about similar issues but could not find exactly what I am facing.

The setup I am using:

Windows 10 PC with 2 graphic cards:
    - RTX 2080
    - GTX 980
    - Nvida driver 466.27 (so above the Vantage recommended version, newer won´t do as the GTX card then has issues)
    - Windows 10 version 1903

Both GPU cards do work fine in 3DsMax Vray (6.1) rendering as well as do work fine with Vray benchmark.

I did select the RTX 2080 card only in the Nvidia system settings for the Vantage software. And upon startup of vantage I am still getting the "No suitable GPU device found!" error message.

Any ideas/help?

Thank you,
    Martin

We inadvertently raised the requirements in version 1.8.4 due to a feature we are developing for the next major update that shouldn't have affected this patch. You could try installing 1.8.3 instead ("show all versions" on the download page) or update your Windows to 2004 (a.k.a. 20H1, 19041) or later.
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

Hello Nikola.

thank you for your wuick response. Updating Windows did the job!

Best,
      Martin ;

Comment

Hello. I have the same problem. All update for windows installed.
        Windows specification: windows 10 enterprise ltsc. Version 1809. OS build 17763.4010
        I have - RTX 2080 . Nvidia Studio Driver 517.40

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhalenko View Post
          Hello. I have the same problem. All update for windows installed.
          Windows specification: windows 10 enterprise ltsc. Version 1809. OS build 17763.4010
          I have - RTX 2080 . Nvidia Studio Driver 517.40
          You need to update your Windows 10 to 2004 (a.k.a. 20H1, 19041) or later, like Nikola said in his post.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

You need to update your Windows 10 to 2004 (a.k.a. 20H1, 19041) or later, like Nikola said in his post.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Thanks. My sys-admin say that I can't upgrade LTSC version to 2004. Any workarounds?

Comment

We can install ltsc 2021 build 20H2. Will it works?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhalenko View Post
                We can install ltsc 2021 build 20H2. Will it works?
                I think it should, since it's newer.

Greetings,
                Vladimir Nedev
                Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Yes, any newer update should work. The increased requirement is a bug in 1.8.4 and should be reverted when we release the next patch 1.8.5. If you can't update Windows just download 1.8.3 from here (use all versions checkbox) https://download.chaos.com/?platform=47&product=63
                  Nikola Goranov
                  Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
                  X