Material turns to black in random frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material turns to black in random frames

Hi, I recently notice that some frames in my walkthrough seems to be missing some material and rendering the model in black, this happens when I open and render a walk through in a different PC. Attached image for reference.

The process I did for this scene is as below:

1. Prepare Chaos Vantage file in PC01
    2. Save Vantage file in server
    3. Open Vantage file in PC02 and render animation in PC02

Has anyone encountered this before?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	A000004.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	435.3 KB
ID:	1180599
    Attached Files

1. Do the materials that turn black use an image sequence ?
    2. Are the textures being read from a network drive ?
    3. Is there anything in the log about not being able to load an image/texture ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Note that the .vantage file does not contain any assets such as mesh and texture files. You can see it's a very small file. The actual render data is contained in the .vrscene file and in external files it references. The render machine should have read access to all those files. You can check the Vantage log (Help->Open debug log) for asset file loading errors - there is a filter at the bottom.
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post
        3. Is there anything in the log about not being able to load an image/texture ?

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Nope they do not use an image sequence, but I do notice that the settings under the vrayproxy (Proxy Params->Animation->Playback) is set to "Loop", I have changed them to "Still".
        Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_230516_565.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1181020

Yes

3. Is there anything in the log about not being able to load an image/texture ?​
        I am unable to reproduce the issue currently, will monitor and check if the issue resurfaces.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by npg View Post
          Note that the .vantage file does not contain any assets such as mesh and texture files. You can see it's a very small file. The actual render data is contained in the .vrscene file and in external files it references. The render machine should have read access to all those files. You can check the Vantage log (Help->Open debug log) for asset file loading errors - there is a filter at the bottom.
          Ok noted. I will check the log file if the issue resurfaces, unfortunately the log file doesnt show the records for a few days back.

Comment

Working...
          X