Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to fix splotchs on rendered sequence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix splotchs on rendered sequence?

Self explanatory. But have a look at sequence.

Any clues how to reduce those splotchness?

https://youtu.be/PIC2LFOxgfg

How many AA samples are you using ? Which version of Vantage ?

There are several options:

1. Increase the LC sample limit (e.g. from 256 to 2048 ). This might not be enough to fix the issue however.
    The animated image sequence on the TV causes the light cache to be cleared each frame which causes it to change and flicker I think.

2. Disable the light cache and increase the number of AA samples to the largest value you can wait out.

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Have you enabled the denoiser option "Reduce flickering" in the render dialog?
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

Hello,

I am experimenting with some render settings, but i find that if i increase too much, render time will explode and maybe makes it not worth it to use Vantage. And it doesn´t clean up all splotches, using, for example, 2000 samples.

Comment

Originally posted by brunonz View Post
          Hello,

I am experimenting with some render settings, but i find that if i increase too much, render time will explode and maybe makes it not worth it to use Vantage. And it doesn´t clean up all splotches, using, for example, 2000 samples.
          Did you try turning off the light cache ?
          Can you send us your scene, so we can test it ?

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Sure, can you send me a link to send those files?

Comment

Can you upload it to some file sharing service and send the link to my e-mail ?

vladimir.nedev@chaos.com

We need the textures and other external files as well.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
              X