No announcement yet.

Scattering Fog does not work with reflections or refraction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I haven't had the time to look into it.

I don't think I explained it well enough in the above but from Vray environment settings, if you turn off the default setting for 'Affect GI' this actually turns on in Vantage 'Affect secondary rays'. You can see this live by just toggling it.​
    But I tried this and turning off "affect GI" in the 3dsMax UI turns off "affect secondary rays" in Vantage, as it should.
    So I am not sure what you mean ?

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I examined the scene you attached earlier (fog.zip) and there is indeed a huge difference between Vantage and V-Ray with affect reflections/refractions/GI (affect secondary) on and "affect shadows" off.
      This is supposed to match V-Ray, so I will try to find out what causes the difference.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Last edited by vladimir.nedev; 15-01-2024, 02:12 PM.
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

But I tried this and turning off "affect GI" in the 3dsMax UI turns off "affect secondary rays" in Vantage, as it should.
        So I am not sure what you mean ?
        Apologies, it looks like I was adding environment fog in 3ds Max after I had already enabled 'Enabled Scattering Fog' in Vantage. This made it look like it was doing the opposite when you toggle 'Affect GI' in 3dsmax... Doing it on a clean scene is as you say. Sorry for the confusion.

PS. I just sent you the other scene via WeTransfer it will be much easier to see the problem I mentioned when turning on affects secondary rays in vantage.​ The difference is night and day and Vantage vs GPU are completely different with the same settings

Thanks for looking into it further
        Attached Files
        Last edited by rita_sobral; 16-01-2024, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I examined the scene you attached earlier (fog.zip) and there is indeed a huge difference between Vantage and V-Ray with affect reflections/refractions/GI (affect secondary) on and "affect shadows" off.
          This is supposed to match V-Ray, so I will try to find out what causes the difference.​
          I think I found the bug and it should be fixed in the next patch/update that we release.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Great to hear - thanks Vladimir

Comment

Working...
            X