Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement doesn't work with multi-sub object material 3dsMax

Hello,
    I noticed that Vantage's implementation of VrayDisplacement is not working with multi-sub object material in 3dsMax like Vray GPU.

It applies the displacement to all element IDs, not the specific element the sub-material is applied to.

Muli-sub object materials are very common among many many assets so would of expected this to work.

Thanks

Attached Files

Hi rita_sobral,

This is not yet implemented. I have logged in your request under LAV-1715.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Hi rita_sobral,

We have release a new version 2.2.1 where multi-sub object material displacement is implemented. Can you please update and check if it works for you?

Best regards,
      Alexander​
      Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Hi, I also experience Vray displacement issues when trying to render an animation from 3dsMax in Vantage with a Multisubobject Mtl and a VrayDisplacement Modifier applied to a tree. Vantage seems to render every second frame with displacement applied to the geometry. The other frames are not displaced. This results into "jumping/popping" of the tree. Do you know the reason for this?
        Please use this link in order to check out the problem:
        https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9kjq9...ef5ewh88z&dl=0

Comment

Hi Alexander.Atanasov - I have just tested this. The amount seems to work per material ID but the shift param is still being applied globally and not to the material ID. This would also need updating because you will normally always use shift param on Vray displacement.

Comment

Hi guys,

maciej_janikowski - Can you please send the tree scene for us to test if we can reproduce it? You can use the Chaos Help form with a link to the forum thread: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new You will have to include all asset files.

rita_sobral - Can you please explain the setup for per material displacement shift as I cannot think of a way while using VRayDisplacementMod and material displacement. Can you send a sample scene with the material setup so we can test it? You can also send it using the Chaos Help center.

Best regards,
            Alexander

Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Alexander.Atanasov you can ignore me I was getting confused with 3ds Max Displace modifier and luminance center

Comment

Working...
              X