How to Batch Render Sequences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Batch Render Sequences?

Are you only able to render one set of cameras in animation editor through the render queue?

The "tutorial" provided in the docs shows a very specific scenario for the render sequence where you would render out a couple stills and then one sequence. Vantage's greatest strength is it's ability to render animations quickly, so it would make sense that people would queue up multiple sequences to render in a row for an entire animation, but there is no way to actually do that; or if there is there is no clear documentation on how to do it.

Currently we are only able to set up one sequence within the animation editor and then render out that sequence. If we add that sequence to the queue and then set up the next sequence in the animation editor and add that to the queue the render queue will start with all the setting of the first set, but use the cameras of whatever is currently in the Animation editor. This seems like a broken or incomplete feature.

The recent updates to Vantage have made it an indispensable part of our workflow, but for rendering out large animations with multiple cameras it does not work well with its current version. It would be very beneficial to be able to save different camera sequence setups in the animation editor or at the very least be able to select the cameras when rendering a sequence and not just the view types. Rendering out 12 different set ups that take 60 min each to render out means that we have to manually set up each sequence every hour over a 12 hour period instead of setting them all up and letting it go for 12 hours.

Hopefully I'm just missing something and rendering out sequences is suppose to be done in a different way. Also live link batch rendering is out of the question because the file is massive and won't load through live link, so it's been exported and loaded in multiple parts within vantage.

Hi bos,

Yes, currently only the currently set animation in the animation editor can be set in the batch render queue, there is no way to have multiple camera setups and recall each one. We have in the TO DO list(LAV-1458 ) to be able to make and store different camera animation which later to use in batch rendering. I don't have a time fram when this will be available but I would try and rise the priority. As a workaround I could suggest to make the entire camera animation setup, including the imported animated cameras if you have such and use different frame ranges. You can have camera cuts and you don't need to have interpolation between every camera.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

I appreciated the suggestion for the work around, but in my case it will not be possible to that. My scene contains many sets of anima assets. To keep the project from using too much memory the anima animation is only 8 seconds long and I break people up into groups based on the area they are located. If I set up camera's beyond 8 seconds the anima people will not move. Tree animations are on a 2 second loop so those items continue to move. The second issue is that when you have two cameras with not transition and just jump to the next camera the first frame of the new camera is always blurry if you have motion blur because Vantage counts the jump as a movement. Of course I can just delete the first frame of each new camera set, it's just annoying to have to hunt those frames down.

As always, thank you for the really quick response and raising the priority of that feature. Vantage has opened up a lot of animation work for me that was hidden behind the cost of using render farms to get work done. The latest updates with displacement, edge mode for scattering and export speed of vrscene files have made it almost unnecessary to render any other way. All I need now is to have procedural maps and a few others be able to work in bump / opacity slots and the batch rendering for sequences

Comment

Working...
      X