No announcement yet.

poor image quality rendering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i enabled ray termination with default settings, clamped secondary rays to 100 vs default of 200. none of those things worked. finally i've enabled light cache with LC sample limit of 1024 (others default) and i can see the spots show up, but then it starts fading away as sample accumulate. hm.

Comment

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/a...-Chaos-Vantage

boy, that was a helpful page. i worked with the LC and overal samples and it cleaned things up with still giving sub-one minute frames for 1080p.

Comment

so, should the versions i'm working with be able to use 2 gpu's in vantage or is this a known issue that is being worked on? do you still need a copy of my scene? thanks.

Comment

Does the issue go away if you disable "Dynamic textures" in advanced render settings?
          Nikola Goranov
          Chaos Developer

Comment

Originally posted by npg View Post
            Does the issue go away if you disable "Dynamic textures" in advanced render settings?
            i'll give it a try thanks, will report back tomorrow.

Comment

We have a fix for the dynamic textures issue that will be released later this week.
              Nikola Goranov
              Chaos Developer

Comment

i was just going to say, i updated to 2.3.0. also i checked my file from earlier, and using dual cards i did not have dynamic textures enabled. that's usually one of the first things i turn off.

i haven't tested that specific scene yet since updating to 2.3.0. but will soon.

i have another post i need to learn how to render an animation in chaos vantage from 3dsmax that i need to get answered before i test this again.

Comment

Ok i rendered out 30 frames and the issues seem to be gone, well i know they are gone b/c i was using 2 cards not the 1 i used to do the actual animation. the only funny thing is that the first 4 or 5 frames were splotchy in some areas like the ceiling where the linear lights are. but it looked like each from from 1-5 were better until finally that splotch area went away.

I'm doing a dual-card animation from 3ds max right now (and to my previous post, ugh the "render animation in Vantage" is working now! what the heck!? anyway, so for there are ZERO issues in this part of the building that i'm rendering. so that's good.

finally, with regard to denoising, does everyone use the Nvidia denoiser every time? are there advantages or disadvantages to using another option? i noticed updates include Intel denoiser every now and then. to me, the nvidia always gives the best result it seems, so i just default to it.

Comment

The Intel denoiser may produce slightly sharper results in stills. The problem with this denoiser is that it doesn't have temporal stabilization (yet) so it is likely to flicker in animations. So you'd need a pretty clean raw render to make it work for animations.
                    Nikola Goranov
                    Chaos Developer

Comment

just a quick note. i added something to the wishlist - that is that after you click render animation in chaos vantage, i'd like to have access to all the rendering settings so i can change things like lc advanced settings etc.. is that something that could be possible? camera settings, material settings etc.

Comment

well. it's hit or miss it seems with dual cards. two days ago, another area of the same building rendered out perfectly with two cards. now i've switched to two other areas and getting artifacts and blotchy renders. as mentioned before, sometimes the blotches go away after the first 5-6 frames. i'm wondering if the two cards are causing the problems. by that i mean, each card is slightly different - the person that ordered them for me got them from two spearate vendors (no clue why). one is labled "Gaming Trio" and the other "Gaming Trio X". both driver versions are the same 546.01, both are MSI GeForce RTX 4080s. the BIOS versions are different according to MSI Afterburner. I'm not overclocking them, just using Afterburner to control fan speeds to keep them cool.

Comment

The difference between the GPUs shouldn't be causing any problems, and certainly not this type of problem. Artifacts on random parts of the sequence may be due to some synchronization issue with the live link, which usually happens when the scene is heavy. Try setting a longer frame timeout, e.g. 5 instead of the default 0.1 seconds.
                          Nikola Goranov
                          Chaos Developer

Comment

Working...
                          X