Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with uvwrandomizer + stoastic tiling when used in mix, composite and comptex maps via Vray normal map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with uvwrandomizer + stoastic tiling when used in mix, composite and comptex maps via Vray normal map

Hello,

When you are using either a mix, composite or comptex map plugged into a Vray Normal Map and you have one bitmap that is using a uvwrandomizer map + stoastic tiling and another bitmap with a different tiling amount with no uvwrandomzier then you get checkerboarding on your output. This is not true for Vray GPU or CPU

If you turn off stohastic tiling on the bitmap which has the uvzrandomizer then this disappears.

In my use case I am combining different normal maps for a large surface one of those is a 1:1 bitmap without a uvwrandomizer and the other one needs a uvwrandomizer + stohastic tiling and a larger tiling distribution.

Please see scene here which showcases this > https://we.tl/t-McS2ZA7xwk
    Attached Files

Hi rita_sobral,

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for reporting it. I have logged the issue in our system under LAV-1826. Unfortunately I cannot provide an ETA on them but keep an eye out in the Announcement section of the forum where we post when new builds are available with their changelogs.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Thanks Alexander.Atanasov although I've just discovered this is actually a much more common issue regarding just stohastic tiling with normal maps. See attached images, this is a basic grass texture from cosmos which comes with UVWrandomizer + stohastic tiling out the box and presents checkerboarding

EDIT - see video when rotating sun and normals are all wrong - https://streamable.com/elivc1
      Attached Files
      Last edited by rita_sobral; 01-04-2024, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X