Render animation via Live Link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render animation via Live Link?

I don't know, probably this is a lot to ask, I'm just wondering: would it be possible to be able to run a "Render High Quality Sequence..." option when Live Link is active?
    I think Live Link is very effective workflow, it only lacks the possibility to render animations? (Maybe I'm wrong, please let me know if I'm missing something.)

Also, when having the Live Link, the problem of not being able to import vertex animation via the .vrscene method is not present, I can see for example animated people in Vantage through Live Link.
    This is the reason I'm wondering if this workflow could be improved further?

I also wonder whether integration of Vantage renderer into Max could be a future feature?
    I wondered how it works in the background, because the VRay Frame Buffer window pops up every time the Live Link is initiated. Could it be possible that the processed image data of Vantage would be sent back to the VFB, so the image saving and color correction could be run directly in Max. So all in all, Vantage would be a renderer in the background, but all the User Interface options would be managed in Max.

I believe this is a lot to ask, I'm just wondering if this is a realistic idea, and I wonder who agrees this could speed up the workflow?

Thanks for the answers in advance!

An animation live link script is actually coming with the next V-Ray for 3ds Max update pretty soon.

We use the distributed rendering protocol to get data from V-Ray, this is why you see the VFB show up. It starts a fake V-Ray render. However we do not send data back to V-Ray (there are multiple issues to consider in this case).

We plan to add more color correction options inside Vantage. Currently you can render an EXR from Vantage and open it in the VFB to apply corrections. Or export a color corrections LUT file from the VFB and load it in Vantage.
    Nikola Goranov
    Chaos Developer

Comment

Thank you for the clarification! Looking forward to the update!

Yet another question came to my mind: will Vantage support animated exposure of a VRay camera, or auto-exposure option?
      Thank you in advance.

Comment

Yet another question came to my mind: will Vantage support animated exposure of a VRay camera,
        Which camera parameter are you animating ?
        If you are using the "physical exposure" mode, animating the ISO, F-Number and shutter speed should work in Vantage.
        It seems I've missed to add animation support for the "exposure value" parameter and the "white balance" color.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Dear Vladimir,

Thank you for your response.
          I usually work with EV parameter, but using the other parameters can be a good workaround.

Now I realized that in Vantage the Camera Exposure method is by default set to None, that's why I wasn't able to see the same exposure value in Vantage as in Max.
          However, in Live Link I can't get this to work, because every time I interact anything in Max, the Camera Exposure method jumps back to None in Vantage.
          Maybe I'm just missing a tick from somewhere.

Thanks for your help,

Best Regards,
          Gabor

Comment

Now I realized that in Vantage the Camera Exposure method is by default set to None, that's why I wasn't able to see the same exposure value in Vantage as in Max.
            It should be set to whatever the exposure mode was in 3ds Max, whether you are loading a .vrscene file or running a live link.

However, in Live Link I can't get this to work, because every time I interact anything in Max, the Camera Exposure method jumps back to None in Vantage.
            If you change the camera in 3ds Max, all camera parameters will get synced in Vantage, and if the 3ds Max exposure mode is "None", the mode in Vantage will be changed to "None" as well.
            If you are looking though a default "perspective" camera in 3dsMax and not a V-Ray Physical Camera, the mode will be "None".

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

OK, now I get it. I was trying to get it to work with the native 3ds Max Physical Camera. If I do it like this, it takes me back to "None" exposure mode.
              VRayPhysicalCamera seems to work nicely.
              Thanks for your help!

Comment

Any news on this issue? Very much looking forward to a direct rendering from Max =)

Comment

We already released this almost one month ago.

See the announcement post, it has a video that shows how to use the feature:

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...1-5-2-released

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev

Comment

OMG! Fk me! I forgot to update the vray 5.2, it also renders tyflow on the fly!!
                    Еще бы пассы можно было, хотя бы зетку и объект ID в один проход рендерить, вообще сказка =)

Comment

Hi ,
                      the function of render via Live link, will it be possible to have it also in cinema 4d?​

Comment

Yes, the V-Ray team is working on it.
                        Nikola Goranov
                        Chaos Developer

Comment

Originally posted by npg View Post
                          Yes, the V-Ray team is working on it.
                          perfect!
                          thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X