Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to use MAXscript to get or set vantage parameters during real-time link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to use MAXscript to get or set vantage parameters during real-time link

For example, data exchange through vraydr?

Hi q976431,

Can you explain more what are you trying to achieve, what type of data and what parameters you wish to set/modify?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
      Hi q976431,

Can you explain more what are you trying to achieve, what type of data and what parameters you wish to set/modify?

Best regards,
      Alexander
      At present, I haven't figured out what I need to do. If I can, I hope I can control most parameters of vantage through MAXscript
      Because I know the benefits of this function. I will be able to control vantage using 3dsmax callback or other MAXscript commands to make my own tools to optimize the workflow
      Will you consider using MAXscript to get the parameter value and status of vantage in the future
      When linking in real time

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander.Atanasov View Post
        Hi q976431,

Best regards,
        Alexander
        For example, the current environment does not support real-time Association of vraydome map rotation to vantage
        If I can read and set the environment rotation parameters of vantage
        I will be able to create callback in 3DMAX. When I rotate the rotation angle of HDR in 3DMAX, I will automatically rotate the environment rotation parameters of vantage through callback. In this way, I can complete similar functions through development tools before you support this function

Comment

We do not support general scripting at this point. It is theoretically possible, but it is not on our short-term roadmap. We're taking note of your request, of course.
          Nikola Goranov
          Chaos Developer

Comment

Originally posted by q976431 View Post

For example, the current environment does not support real-time Association of vraydome map rotation to vantage
            If I can read and set the environment rotation parameters of vantage
            I will be able to create callback in 3DMAX. When I rotate the rotation angle of HDR in 3DMAX, I will automatically rotate the environment rotation parameters of vantage through callback. In this way, I can complete similar functions through development tools before you support this function
            The environment updates while in live link are already fixed in our internal builds and being tested. The fix will very likely be part of the next release.

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

The environment updates while in live link are already fixed in our internal builds and being tested. The fix will very likely be part of the next release.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev
              OK, this is just my example
              Because if you implement the link between MAXscript and vantage
              I can design some tools for my workflow
              I wonder if this idea is possible?

Comment

Working...
              X