Groups workflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groups workflow

Hey guys, it would be awesome to have more control over groups.

For example:

1. To be able to LOCK certain groups, those can not be moved, rotated, or even selected. In case of lights, I would remove them from the viewpoint completely.
    Reason:
    A. At times we have background objects, that have lights in them, these are there just for background, but can clutter the whole model while trying to adjust the lighting of the stuff that is important. I know you can turn the lights off temporarily, but I just want to lock them once, and forget about them.
    B. You can have furniture or even whole buildings that are STATIC. They won't move, rotate or do anything. Often time I accidently select those. Would be great to lock them.

2. To be able to GROUP items additionally in Vantage. It would be simple, to select a few items, and group them together.
    Example:
    Dining table and chairs. You want them together.

Thanks!

Hi vanja_uri,

Thank you for the detailed description and the use cases. I have logged your request in our system. We will notify you when it is implemented or please watch over the Announcement section when a new release is out with the change log for it.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

2. To be able to GROUP items additionally in Vantage. It would be simple, to select a few items, and group them together.​
      Is this grouping going to be separate from the object hierarchy (like the layers in 3dsMax are) ?
      I doubt we can make a reliable solution where you modify the object hierarchy inside Vantage (like grouping objects),
      since you can change the vrscene file which defines the initial object hierarchy.

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

Is this grouping going to be separate from the object hierarchy (like the layers in 3dsMax are) ?
        I doubt we can make a reliable solution where you modify the object hierarchy inside Vantage (like grouping objects),
        since you can change the vrscene file which defines the initial object hierarchy.

Greetings,
        Vladimir Nedev
        I'm not talking about ungrouping the existing VRScenes, I'm talking selecting 2 or more VRScenes in vantage and grouping them additionally. That way you can make a group out of other objects, eg dining table and chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by vanja_uri View Post

I'm not talking about ungrouping the existing VRScenes, I'm talking selecting 2 or more VRScenes in vantage and grouping them additionally. That way you can make a group out of other objects, eg dining table and chairs.
          So, in your scenario the table and chair are not coming from the same .vrscene file ? Each one is coming from its own vrscene ? Maybe each one is a separate Cosmos object ?

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir.nedev View Post

So, in your scenario the table and chair are not coming from the same .vrscene file ? Each one is coming from its own vrscene ? Maybe each one is a separate Cosmos object ?

Greetings,
            Vladimir Nedev
            They would be seperate files, so seperate cosmos or other objects. That we can group and move around together in vantage.

I know Vantage is supposed to be used for movements first, and most of the assets should already be there. But because of a bug reported earlier, we have to import a lot of the objects in vantage itself.
            Hey guys, this is mostly a question about vray in general, but I did not see a general Wishlist topic. do you have plans to implement scenes within scenes? For example: -You import a few vrscene files from Maya max to 3DS Max (note that this can be any software, from max to sketchup for example). -You create the rest of the

Comment

Hi vanja_uri,

We have implemented the nested vrscene support internally. We will include it in some of the next releases but cannot say which one.

Best regards,
              Alexander
              Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Working...
              X