V-Ray scene within a scene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray scene within a scene.

Hey guys, this is mostly a question about vray in general, but I did not see a general Wishlist topic.

do you have plans to implement scenes within scenes? For example:

-You import a few vrscene files from Maya max to 3DS Max (note that this can be any software, from max to sketchup for example).
    -You create the rest of the model in Max.
    -You want to export this model for example to Vantage.
    - When you export the new VRScene file, the VRScene files within them are not visible in vantage.

It would be great if they could work together? Or at least enable to go one level deep. I understand that if this is enabled, you could export vrscene within scene within scene etz... But at least one level would be great.

Thanks.

Hi vanja_uri,

We have this request logged and is in our TO DO list. I will bump up the priority for it.

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Quick question, any ETA on this one?

Comment

Hi vanja_uri,

Sorry, no ETA at the moment. Will keep you posted when we have something.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Hi Chaos group team we work in an interior design office and we like to modeling our detailed 3d assets at 3dsmax since we can achieve a more realistic quality in our models however we render our project at Sketchup since we can make shop drawings straight out of our 3d models also we would like to start using chaos vantage to have a faster render result however in our workflow this is not possible yet since vantage can't read the Sketchup Vray scenes with other Vray scenes in it coming from 3DSMAX really appreciate if you guys could have this feature as soon as possible then we could implement vantage in our workflow
            of 3dsmax Vray moidels inside a Sketchup Vray scenes

Regards,

Studiokaza Miami

Comment

paola_studio yep, pretty much the same thing for us. We need to be able to have a scene within a scene in order to incorporate our worflow.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry to bother you with this again, but this seems like a major drawback at the moment. Do you have any timeframe?

Comment

Hi vanja_uri,

No, nothing yet. Will try to bump the priority even more on this one.

Best regards,
                  Alexander
                  Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

Yea, please do. Since live link is available in sketchup now, if we add a vrscene file, it does not show in the vantage.

Comment

It would be grat if we have that option.

Comment

Alexander.Atanasov Any news on this?

As far as I understand, vray cloud uses the same thing. So it exports a vrscene file and renders it, BUT it does recognize scene within a scene. But vantage does not for some reason.

This is a major problem at the moment. If we model something in sketchup. We have to manually place all the models in vantage again. That is extremely time consuming.

Comment

Hi vanja_uri,

No progress has been done on this yet. I will try to bump the priority and inform you when it is being planned for.

Best regards,
                          Alexander
                          Alexander Atanasov

Chaos

Comment

I would like to contribute to the significance of this topic as well. Specially now that vray 6 for rhino understands enscape models and materials, vrscenes is becoming the format to communicate between platforms and render in vantage.
                            Even though i can import vrscene in max and render with VRay, or merge in Vantage standalone, 3ds max vantage live link does not read the vrscene.

Comment

I agree that this is very important. I use vrscenes as xrefs to do various lighting scenarios and different foregrounds for the same model and keep those in separate scenes. Lack of vrscenes support is the only thing preventing me from primarily using Vantage (which is AMAZING)

Comment

Working...
                              X