"Request" Camera lens distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Request" Camera lens distortion

Please, add the Vray camera distion in Chaos Vantage ...

Hi, thanks for posting. We have this feature request reported in our system under LAV-1493. I will add your thread to it and raise the priority.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Would it suffice to have the Quadratic and Cubic modes without support for lens files or texturing?
      Nikola Goranov
      Chaos Developer

Comment

Hi Nikola, yes, that would be enough​

Comment

Originally posted by npg View Post
          Would it suffice to have the Quadratic and Cubic modes without support for lens files or texturing?
          Quadratic and Cubic modes would be better than nothing, but it would be super if there also was support for either vray lens files or a texture file.
          Not knowing how hard to implement, but adding support for a 32-bit .exr texture as a distortion texture that get's stretched to fit the framebuffer resolution would be the most flexible option for us at least.

Comment

Quad/Cubic is easy. Textured is probably also not a big deal. Lens files should be most complicated to support. This is why I asked.
            Nikola Goranov
            Chaos Developer

Comment

Originally posted by npg View Post
              Quad/Cubic is easy. Textured is probably also not a big deal. Lens files should be most complicated to support. This is why I asked.
              Allright, ok to skip the vraylens file support for us, if somebody needs a static lensdistortion texture for a specific focal length they can probably use the "lens_analyzer" utility to generate a texture from the vray lens distortion file as a workaround.

If possible squeezing in support for a custom texture would be awesome!, as it would allow lens distortions not restricted to what you can do with quadratic and cubic distortion parameters and bring in distortion textures generated outside of VRay.​

Comment

Working...
              X