This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dphorvath View Post
    Ok, so i've migrated the dongle license info onto my PC and i have a successful confirmation from the license server page. Now what? I am using Revit, and i get an error message when i try to use it, and all buttons are greyed out on the revit tool ribbon....... Any instructions on how to use Vray for Revit after migrating from the Dongle?????
    Cheers,
    Dave
    Do you update your license server to the newest version, it fixes mine after i install the newest version of license server.
    Best regards,
    Jackie Teh
    --

3ds max design 2023, V-Ray 6, Update 2.1 [6.20.06 build 00000]
    AMD Threadripper 1950X @3.40 GHz | 64GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3070 ti
    Email: info@sporadicstudio.com
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/SporadicStudio

Comment

Can we have a mix of licenses? I want to keep our dongle licenses because if there is an internet outage, we would be dead in the water. This could be a business-ending event.
      So my question is, can we keep our dongle licenses, and from here-on add online licenses?

Thanks,
      Jono

*edit - wow that sounded dramatic, but it could be very bad if the internet is off for an extended time. We all know anything is possible these days, and we can't just cross our fingers and just hope that there won't be significant internet outages!
      Last edited by fluxmedia; 18-05-2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I have attempted numerous times to migrate my dongle license of v3.7 (2016 3dmax) to an online license with no avail. I keep getting mis-configured proxy error. Proxy is correct .. Uninstall re-install you name it .... nothing works. I have read a number of posts with users unable to obtain licenses when needed. So I prefer to just keep the dongle. The statement "dongles are obsolete" concerns me as I have a feeling its just going to eventually stop working. Can someone enlighten me on next steps

Comment

Working...
        X