X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with Perpetual and subsciption

Hi,

Question regarding future licensing situation:
    We currently have perpetual v5 licenses and will upgrade them to perpetual v6 licenses. At the same time we are looking to increase our team size and will therefor end up getting a premium sub as new perpetual licenses aren't for sale.

Once we have both license types how will it work when a workstation needs to use an app from the subscription? For example pc A & B are using only vray, pc C is also using vray but needs to test something in phoenix. Later in the day pc A needs to use phoenix and pc C is only using vray.

With our currently licenses, incl one phoenix v4, whoever opens the app locks the license. So switching during the day is fine.

How will the license server determine whether the perpetual or sub license gets used? Is the above example even possible anymore? Thanks

Hello,
    the example is also relevant to an upgraded license and if you have a Universal and specific license, depending on the build you installed, it will take the specific license corresponding to your build first, and if the build is different than the specific license
    it will take the Universal license. The method to engage and release the license remains the same. There is no difference between the subscription and perpetual except that the subscription can expire and it can always work with the latest builds.
    Let me know if you have further questions, provide us with your account and desired upgrades, and open a ticket to our system, so we can further check your case and answer more specific questions:

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Stefan Isakov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Contact Support

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure I understand your explanation, though.

In the example I'm using all the builds will be the same (so latest versions).

Let me ask it another way; in the subscription license are apps individually locked/signed out? So you could use phoenix on pc A and vantage on pc B at the same time with a single subscription or is it a collective license that locks all apps to pc A when one of the apps is opened on that pc?

Comment

hi stefan,
        since you answered here so fast.. i would appreciate when you look at:
        https://forums.chaos.com/forum/licen...-nodes-upgrade
        or
        ticket nr.:#50090
        it is marked as solved , but i never got an answer or support
        thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Stefan,

Can I receive an anwser to my latest question? Thanks.

"Let me ask it another way; in the subscription license are apps individually locked/signed out? So you could use phoenix on pc A and vantage on pc B at the same time with a single subscription or is it a collective license that locks all apps to pc A when one of the apps is opened on that pc?"

Comment

Hi,

I'm in the process of buying the upgrades, but is the above question so complicated for the Chaos support to answer? It's been a week.

Thanks.

Comment

Update / response for those also wondering:

"It would not matter which license would be engaged first. The collective license won't lock both V-Ray and Phoenix on one computer as they come as separate parts of the license. For example you can use V-Ray on one computer and access Phoenix on the 2nd machine at the same time."

"Yes, I confirm Vantage, Scans, etc. come with separate entitlements which are engaged only if the user tries to access them. The logic is the same as with V-Ray and Chaos Phoenix."

Comment

Working...
              X