Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could not obtain a Simulation License! Error code: 10061.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not obtain a Simulation License! Error code: 10061.

I sent a simulation off to BB and according to the License Server, there's one Simulation Node that's actively engaged. When I try to run a second sim from my workstation on a different scene, I get the error message. I was under the impression that you could run sims on BOTH a BB node and Workstation simultaneously. Is that not true, or is that because of its an EDU license?

Thank You.
    David Anderson
    www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
    Windows 10 Pro
    3ds Max 2023.3 Update
    V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
    Puget Systems
    TRX40 EATX
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
    2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    128GB RAM

You can't use a V-Ray Commercial build with Phoenix EDU build, or vice versa. Additionally - Phoenix licensing is like V-Ray's meaning that if the Simulation node license is engaged on another machine it won't be available for the local one and you'd need a second sim node license.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Originally posted by ivan.slavchev View Post
      You can't use a V-Ray Commercial build with Phoenix EDU build, or vice versa. Additionally - Phoenix licensing is like V-Ray's meaning that if the Simulation node license is engaged on another machine it won't be available for the local one and you'd need a second sim node license.
      So my V-Ray Commercial license won't render my Phoenix EDU simulations?!? That's odd since IPR seems to work just fine.
      David Anderson
      www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
      Windows 10 Pro
      3ds Max 2023.3 Update
      V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
      Puget Systems
      TRX40 EATX
      AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
      2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
      128GB RAM

Comment

Phoenix licence is required when simulating. When you render you should have Phoenix installation present, but a licence will not be engaged.
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X