Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMD windows on start up

Hi!
    each time I start computer these windows opens and remain opened, any idea how to fix?
    thanks Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-09 093746.png
Views:	7330
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	1164733
    Attached Files

This just started happening to me as well. Are you on Windows 11? I think it might have something to do with the latest Windows update.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

yes windows 11 latest. I have another pc win10 and these CMD windows not showing
      thanks,

Comment

Ok, thanks for the confirmation - I'm trying to get a bit more info now.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please open the Dropdown menu on the Chaos Unified Login and Chaos License server CMD windows and select the Settings option:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_9.jpg
Views:	8764
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1164771

In the Settings window, please change change the "Default Terminal application" to "Windows Console Host". Restart your machine afterwards and tell us if the CMD windows are still not closing automatically.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_8.jpg
Views:	8623
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	1164772
          Attached Files
          Last edited by nikolay.simeonov; 09-11-2022, 05:53 AM.
          Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
          support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

worked, thanks

Comment

Hi folks,

I have a slightly different but somewhat related issue to this:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	1196581
              I am using Windows 11.​

Problem:
              For years, I did not know why I get two windows randomly pop up in the middle of other tasks. (They always interrupted my current commands and tasks and was really annoying)
              But I recently had a few seconds of frozen screen as my screen changed focus from a full-screen application to the pop-ups, and I spotted that these were CMD windows from Chaos License Server.
              Since then, I've reinstalled all Chaos-related software to make sure I don't experience random pop-ups, but the behavior continues.

I've emailed the support team and they said that I just need to disable the Chaos License Server from the start-up to prevent the pop-ups upon the license server's reconnect. (Support #182973)
              This sounds to me that this is a known behavior and I may not be a single person experiencing this?

Questions/Suggestions:
              Is this known/intended behavior?
              If so, can you please change the license server's behavior to not show pop-ups when it is reconnecting?
              The two pop-ups at the startup of the machine are slightly irritating, but not a deal breaker.
              But forcing me out of full-screen applications or interrupting commands to my current task is not acceptable.
              Shouldn't it be just a service/application that runs in the background or an icon that's docked under the taskbar?

As a temporary solution, I intend to just disable the server from the startup list.
              Then, just run the server when I need to use the Choas applications. (far from ideal)
              Is there a better solution?

Comment

Hello,

We have responded to you at the ticket you have opened.

This has been reported and we hope to have a resolution with future releases. For now, if the behavior is disturbing you can use license server 5.5.5 or use the above-mentioned option.
                Aneliya Karadzhova

Technical Support Representative
                support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
                X