X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdplayer first impressions

hello..
    long time with out a post around here..
    I down loaded pdplayer a few weeks ago.. and I must say : great job!
    really cool, fast "to the point" tool, I specially the little simple ( but efficient) utilities that make a big difference like: SDI cards support, the http web thing, seems very cool and effective, and the interface is very straight froward and well thought in some aspects like: the button in the top and bottom of the poup windows instead of another window..
    other thoughts and questions:
    -I wish I could change the blue of the interface. For color correction and better image appreciation I prefer something in the neutral grays range
    -Is there some gpu acceleration going on? will there be?
    -linux version?
    -xp64 vesrion crashes my machine with blue screen err. ( 32 bit runs great)
    -can we have export to Toxik?

keep up the good work
    thx

Esteban
    Last edited by emora; 24-11-2008, 01:30 PM.

Re: Pdplayer first impressions

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback

Regarding your questions:

-I wish I could change the blue of the interface. For color correction and better image appreciation I prefer something in the neutral grays range
    Currently we cannot change the interface colors of pdplayer. The only color we can change is the color of the background. This is done by right clicking on the "toggle background button" and choosing a color for the background.

-Is there some gpu acceleration going on? will there be?
    Pdplayer only depends on the CPU and it is working pretty fast like that. There is no GPU acceleration and we don't intend to have any. This way you do not actually have to worry about the quality of your graphics card.

-linux version?
    I see that you have already found the post for the linux version of Pdplayer

-xp64 vesrion crashes my machine with blue screen err. ( 32 bit runs great)
    Basically the only reason that you would get a blue screen err with pdplayer may be that something's wrong with the video driver. You can try different drivers and if the problem persists drop us an e-mail with the configuration of the machine and the version of the video driver at pdplayer@chaosgroup.com

-can we have export to Toxik?
    Currently we don't support export to Toxik. What you or anybody else can do is export to pdpcmd file and then create a script to import it to Toxic. If somebody is enthusiastic enough to make it and post it here we will be glad to post it for download.

Best Regards

Jimmy

Comment

Working...
    X