Exposure does not work? - Pdplayer 64 1.0.4.14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exposure does not work? - Pdplayer 64 1.0.4.14

I have been trying out Pdplayer trial 1.0.4.14 and loaded a linear 32bit float EXR sequence into a layer.
    But when i exposure down the overexposured white areas only becomes gray instead of revealing the bright details, like the material was low dynamic ranged.

When i exposure down the same material for example in Adobe After Effects or Autodesk Toxik it works without hassle. Changing the colour space in Pdplayer makes no difference.

The material is rendered straight from 3dsmax 2010 with its 'connection extension' installed wich takes advantage of the recent versions of OpenEXR.

I have tried other high dynamic formats as well, they all behave the same so i wonder what i'm doing wrong? The trial version does handle floating point colours right?

Hi,

Can you please post a sample image somewhere so we can take a look?

Thanks,
    Peter Dimov
    Asynthetic
    www.pdplayer.com

Comment

Without seeing the image, I can only guess that it is heavily overexposed, by 3.80 stops or more, corresponding to linear light values of 13.5 or higher. Pdplayer (including the trial) supports high dynamic range images, but it does clip at 13.5, for speed and memory reasons. So at exposure of -3.80 and lower, whites will start becoming gray.
      Peter Dimov
      Asynthetic
      www.pdplayer.com

Comment

Working...
      X