Phoenix FD water issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix FD water issue

At first i'm sorry but i couldn't post this on the PhoenixFD section since it appears i don't have the permission. Already asked to the admin an explanation but i'm in a kinda hurry so i posted here.

I'm trying to create a wide water fountain emitter. This video is exactly what i'm looking for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYBATaw00M

Here's the deal. The fountain box to fill with water is pretty big, so simulating gets really hard densing the grid up. But i can't get the the waterfall so sharp and uniform like the video. It looks fragmented like the pic attached, even changing the cell size and surface level in the rendering window. Any idea to get close to that video where there're no giant drops and everything is so fluid?

Thanks in advance!
    FF
    Attached Files

You should try to increase the emission rate/width of the emitter. AFAIK it's very difficult to create very thin stream of liquid.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

ok for the width of the emitter, which is a box (if the poly is bigger, more water comes out of it and the flow would be more uniform is what you're saying?)

How do i increase the emission rate? Like pumping water out of the emitter with more power?

Thanks for you help man

Comment

Hi,
        At first i'm sorry but i couldn't post this on the PhoenixFD section since it appears i don't have the permission.
        Your forum account has been updated and you should be able now to post in the PhoenixFD section.

About the simulation issue, did you try to increase slightly the Discharge value?
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Nope i did not, thanks for the advice i'm trying right now.

I'll post in the phoenix area from now on, thank you again for your help. If you wanna move the thread out there it's ok.

Comment

Working...
          X