Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid Fluid Simulation - Selective Viscocity? or Aim "Discharge attribute" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Fluid Simulation - Selective Viscocity? or Aim "Discharge attribute" ?

Greetings!

I am wondering if there is a way for a fluids viscosity and "sticky" attributes ignore certain objects. For example, I have fluid coming out a water gun. I want the fluid to collide with a wall and stick to it (like paint) but I don't want it to stick to the barrel of the water gun. I am using the barrel of the water gun to "aim" the fluid.

Is there a way to accomplish this? Or is there a way to aim the direction of the discharge (IE: if I wanted to aim the water gun straight UP into the air)?

Hey, you should be able to disable Wetting on geometries you don't want the liquid to stick to and it would slide upon them - the option is in the Phoenix Extra Attributes: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...+FD+Attributes

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Thank you again Svetlin! I am going to have to put you on payroll if you keep solving all my problems!!!

Comment

Hehe, no worries The more difficult scenario would be in case you needed the wetmap everywhere, but want some wetmaps to stick and others to allow the liquid to slip by.
        Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Working...
        X