Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Source - polygon ID

Hi there,

as far as I know, when I want to emit with a liquid source, it depends from Polygon ID, from where it emits.
    Does the emission amount have to do with the size of the polygon volume?

Somehow I have a simulation, where it never emits through the polygons as it should. I can't see the reason...

Hey,

Could it be that your surface that has a polygon ID of 10 is smaller than your grid cell size? If your emitting surface is too small while your grid resolution is too low you may have some issues with the emission.

Can you show us how your grid looks compared to the emitter object? Can you also show us your Grid rollout settings?

Thanks!
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Thanks, I think the emitter was too small. It now works.

-> So it depends only on the surface size (and not the volume) of the emitter, is that right?

-> But what I found curious, is that the PhoenixSource has the PolygonID set to 0, while the emitter has only 10 and 1 as polygon IDs. But it emits.
      Does Polygon ID 0 mean to emit from all polygons?

I'm testing now, to make an emitter non-solid, so that water can go through, but it adds more water

Cheers

Comment

If you're using the surface foce mode for the Phoenix source it will use only the surface of the emitter object, the Volume Brush and the Volume inject modes will use the volume.

Yes, polygon ID of 0 is a special value and will emit from the whole object.
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X