Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the scene. Max 2021
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19bz...ew?usp=sharing

The liquid does interact with the walls. Just not the bottom.
    Let me know if there are any issues.

Comment

Great thanks. Really appreciate it. If you get a chance to upload the cascading one that you posted earlier in the thread, that would be awesome too
      DAVE BUCKLEY

www.daveandco.co.uk

Comment

Hey Just wanted to say I ended up getting this working (kind of) using a combination of everything so far. The pool is 12m x 6m wide in reality so I went for a cascade simulation. What I'm struggling with now is fidelity and iteration. I've attached my current setup (screenshot) - the two green sim grids are my final sims. But .. when I'm testing and trying to iterate i reduce the pool grid to something much smaller like the blue one I've drawn over the top. This helps speed things up. But there are a couple of issues.
        • i can never seem to get splashes and foam particles to a realistic size. I believe the solution is to reduce the cell size/increase voxels but I'd need an absolutely obscene amount of voxels in the final simulation to be able to get them small enough. I've already got a lot of voxels in my smaller test grids, so if I were to increase the grid sizes for the final sim and then increase the voxels the simulation would take months to complete.
        • when iterating i decrease the grid resolution and reduce the steps per frame - this allows me to iterate quite quickly. Sure the splash and foam particles are quite bit because everything is low res, but I can deal with that. The problem is getting everything looking correct in the low res test grids in terms of the amount of foam and splashes only to then scale up for the final sim and the foam and splashes look completely different.
        It seems the only way to reliably iterate is to iterate at the final resolution/steps per frame. But this just seems so counterintuiative. So what is the best way to iterate, get the sim looking roughly correct and then scale up for final sims?
        Attached Files
        DAVE BUCKLEY

www.daveandco.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X