Wet maps as liquid mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet maps as liquid mesh

Can we get an option to have wet maps as liquid meshes like it was in phoenix 3? A lot of renderers just dont render phoenix's wet map particle texture.

Thanks for the suggestion!

How about exporting the wetmap mesh to an alembic file as a workaround in the meantime?
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by georgi.zhekov View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion!

How about exporting the wetmap mesh to an alembic file as a workaround in the meantime?
      Hi,
      How do you export wetmap as mesh? All I see are red particle dots. THank you

Comment

You can check this video over here - https://youtu.be/6J5XjLeZQyo?si=qzuZybdYY2rO6lHC

Instead of particle flow you can pick the Wetmap particles or any other particle system.
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

You can check this video over here - https://youtu.be/6J5XjLeZQyo?si=qzuZybdYY2rO6lHC

Instead of particle flow you can pick the Wetmap particles or any other particle system.
          Hi,
          Octane fixed it where we can have different color liquids in one grid but how do we colors wetmaps with appropriate colors? Currently octane renders wetmaps as mesh objects like sphere. Thanks

Attached Files
          Last edited by cb LLC; 15-01-2024, 05:17 PM.

Comment

So I was able to mesh wetmaps but now my liquid disappeared. How do we have both in one grid? Thank you
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok I finally combined meshed wetmaps and liquid in one grid by using a composite texture. Unfortunately in octane meshed wetmap have black spots. Not sure why.

Ok it looks like grid rgb particles slide down and wetmap mesh stay on the wall but it is pure black because there is no information left since grid rgb particles moved down. How can I make grid rgb stick to wetmaps?

UPDATE: I think there is no wetmap RGB export therefore all meshed wetmaps are black. Can you add this export option? Thanks
              Attached Files
              Last edited by cb LLC; 15-01-2024, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Indeed, the wetmap particles don't carry the RGB channel at the moment - it's still in the to do list.
                Georgi Zhekov
                Phoenix Product Manager
                Chaos

Comment

Indeed, the wetmap particles don't carry the RGB channel at the moment - it's still in the to do list.
                  Thanks. Is it something easy to implement as an update or it will take months and a whole new release?

Comment

Ah, it will take some time I'm afraid, but when we have something in the nightlies we will update the forum thread and let you know.
                    Georgi Zhekov
                    Phoenix Product Manager
                    Chaos

Comment

Ah, it will take some time I'm afraid, but when we have something in the nightlies we will update the forum thread and let you know.
                      Thank you!

Comment

Hi,
                        Anyway to at least add a quick nightly where wetmap is the same color as liquid sprayed minus any color blending? So in one grid a yellow sprayer leaves yellow meshed wetmap and a red sprayer leave red wetmap but actual liquid will blend and mix since it has RGB suppport.

Comment

I'm afraid I can't promise anything at this point - will try to push it sooner, but can't say when we will be able to add it.
                          Georgi Zhekov
                          Phoenix Product Manager
                          Chaos

Comment

I'm afraid I can't promise anything at this point - will try to push it sooner, but can't say when we will be able to add it.
                            Thank you for the update.

Comment

Working...
                            X