Exploding foam issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploding foam issue.

I am trying to simulate a car drifting through snow and having the issue of foam exploding from contact points of the tyres. Is there any way to remove/reduce this? Screenshot and settings below.

Btw. Feel free to delete the other thread. I wanted to start this new one just in case the issue was missed. I tried raising the threshold but this still occurred (also, it removed a lot of the foam produced where the tyres cut into the snow and settled nicely... but I just need to control this exploding issue before I reduce it back down again).

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	442.0 KB ID:	1206813
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Hi, have you tried increasing the substeps? This helps a lot with fast moving objects... Cheers!

Comment

I did increase to 3...I'll try higher values. Thanks.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

This is with 8 substeps

Still the same issue.

Could geo that's not solid, ie. open at the back potentially cause issues like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	29
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	1206868
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hey Steve,

How about if you set the foam volume to 0? Usually it's the high rising speed and high bubble size that make foam explode.
          Georgi Zhekov
          Phoenix Product Manager
          Chaos

Comment

Ah, if you have open geo - it might cause issues for sure. Your geometry needs to be closed (no overlapping faces, no open edges, no strange vertices and so on) and pass STL check modifier checks with no errors.
            Georgi Zhekov
            Phoenix Product Manager
            Chaos

Comment

ok thanks Georgi. I'll give the open faces a go first of all and then try the volume 0 after if no joy.
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
              X