No announcement yet.

Glossy reflection fireflies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, can you send this scene over? Without it we are just talking theoretically and either side could learn something new otherwise
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

How soon can we expect this in a release? Is it in the nightlies already?

Comment

Hey japetus , can you elaborate which of the many things mentioned in this thread do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Svetlin.Nikolov View Post
          Hey japetus , can you elaborate which of the many things mentioned in this thread do you mean?
          Sure, mostly I meant the firefly clamping solution it sounded like you guys were working on? I'm still using that script solution...which is ok but less than ideal in some situations when I have other very bright things I wish to keep (like a sun!)

Comment

Ah, there will be no clamping, this is not coming back to V-Ray AFAIK. The change Georgi mentioned has been in the Phoenix nightlies for a couple of months. Feel free to grab one and check if it works better for your setup now

Comment

Just installed the latest nightly.... are there any settings I need to tweak, or do I need to resimulate at all?. I reverted my subpixel clamping to false for this.

Comment

Hey, it's a render thing, you should not need to do anything with the simulation.

Comment

Hmmm...I think it's better? At least in bucket mode. I still get pretty bad fireflies with progressive. It could be just a function of how high my roughness is on my textures, but it seems to take quite a few AA and a low noise threshold to resolve well.

Comment

Woooo! Our tests showed improvement as well, so hopefully it holds for any kind of setup and not just the ones we tried.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X