No announcement yet.

Particle Shader and Motion Blur Causing Partggicles to Render Outside Object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particle Shader and Motion Blur Causing Partggicles to Render Outside Object

If I am using the Particle Shader in non-geometry mode to render bubbles inside a bottle, and that bottle and particle object have motion blur, should I expect those bubble to NOT render outside the bottle? Or is it normal that I have to resort to using the cutter feature?

Thanks.

Hey,

Since regular geometries use motion blur what is made from multiple samples of the geometry's positions, while particle and voxel motion blur is based on the velocity in a single point in time, it's quite possible one motion blur to be stronger than the other, even though they originated from the same movement, just because both motion blur methods are fundamentally different. In this case the motion blurred particles could show outside the motion blurred bottle, and indeed a cutter should clear them.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

OK. So it sounds like this is the normal/recommended method for handling this... Yes, this is what I was encountering. Thank you for making the cutter work!

Comment

Working...
      X