VRayStandalone Bug With Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayStandalone Bug With Scene

Here is an interesting bug... This works fine when rendering from Max, but not with an export to vrscene in standalone.

The Multimatte element includes three sphere with an instanced VRayDisaplcementMod. All three have the same displacement.

The three spheres are individually assigned to the channels of the multimatte via Include/Exclude.

In Max this renders correctly as:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	7.1 KB ID:	1179518

In VRay Standalone this renders incorrectly as:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	29.4 KB ID:	1179519

If you use the BufID in Object properties, rather than the include/exclude in order to assign the Multimatte channels things seem to work OK. So this is a viable workaround for the moment.

Max 2023.3 and VRay nightly from Apr18, though I believe tried the latest nightly and it had the same problem.

Scene attached.
    BugTest.zip
    Attached Files

I wonder if this is related to the other issues I reported here:

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...25#post1178925

post 9 about the multimatte increasing file sizes of vrscenes.

It doesn’t seem to happen unless you use more than one channel of the multimatte (RGB).

Comment

Thanks for the report. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-13262) for dev investigation. For now, user object/mtl ids instead. I'll test the size issue and write back.

EDIT: Could you actually send your scene? Or at least a scene, where the difference in size is obvious.
      Last edited by hermit.crab; 02-05-2023, 04:55 AM.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X