How to reduce the oceanic mesh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reduce the oceanic mesh?

I would like the oceanic (water) mesh to be smaller. She is very big.
    I want ocean water droplets to be smaller...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	139
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	1189069​​

Hey, in order to get smaller liquid droplets, increasing the grid resolution from the Grid rollout should be the way.

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Originally posted by Svetlin.Nikolov View Post
      Hey, in order to get smaller liquid droplets, increasing the grid resolution from the Grid rollout should be the way.

Cheers!
      Hi,
      1. The voxel size is good?
      2. Should I increase or decrease the size of the voxels?

Views:	77
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1189107

Comment

Originally posted by luizfernando_fonsecapimentel View Post
        2. Should I increase or decrease the size of the voxels?

Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1189107
        Indeed, by "increasing the grid resolution" I meant pressing the "Increase Resolution" button. However, you seem have quite high resolution already.

Could you please show me your viewport from the top view? Are you sure that your simulator is not too wide or too long? Maybe you can shrink it to make it shorter and narrower, so you can have more grid resolution and more details.

Cheers!

Comment

Indeed, by "increasing the grid resolution" I meant pressing the "Increase Resolution" button. However, you seem have quite high resolution already.

Could you please show me your viewport from the top view? Are you sure that your simulator is not too wide or too long? Maybe you can shrink it to make it shorter and narrower, so you can have more grid resolution and more details.

Cheers!
          Yes, my simulator is big, because I need to show a big track in the video I'm going to make.
          Can I decrease the size of ocean particles even with a large grid?

Size:	438.6 KB
ID:	1189136

Comment

Cheers!
            The particles look like this:

Views:	69
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	1189211

Comment

Looks like there is so much of the grid that you can shrink - try making the grid narrower like this:

Name:	Screenshot_2023-08-27-16-39-11-617_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1189341

Comment

Additionally, you could make the grid much shorter if you use the Max Outside Age options of the Foam and Splash: https://docs.chaos.com/display/PHX4M...ading-Lifespan

Beware that this might change the way the foam trail looks like, but it's worth trying as it will reduce your resolution tremendously. Try to set the Max Outside Age of both the Foam and Splash to a large value (in seconds), such as 30 or 60, and then make the grid short like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2023-08-27-16-46-16-978_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1189343

Comment

And then, if the simulation looks okay after these changes, then you could increase the grid resolution in the Grid rollout so the droplets would be smaller.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X