Phoenix issue with bitmap texture on emitter, when rendering via Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix issue with bitmap texture on emitter, when rendering via Deadline

Hi, this could be user error, but I have been having difficulty properly rendering a Phoenix fire sim via Deadline.
    Attached are 3 images to show the "save" settings (everything), and comparing the data read from locally-generated cache frames vs. remote (Deadline) rendered cache frames. It seems to be related to using a bitmap+noise texture on the emitter object: When I delete the TexMap from all the PHX Source slots, the remote render works as expected. The bitmap is on a shared network folder as per usual on my system. Any advice?
    I am using:
    3ds Max 2022,
    Vray 62002
    Phoenix 52000

I have not tried a recent nightly build yet.
    Thank you,
    Jeff B.
    Attached Files
    Current workstation Dell 5820 with nVidia Quadro RTX 4000, 32 GB RAM, Win 10pro-64.
    3D software: Max 2022 (since 3d Studio), V-Ray 6, Phoenix 5, TyFlow, Deadline 10.1.

Never mind -- it was user error. There were some sharing credentials for this particular job that were not set up properly.
    (Maybe this will help someone in the future)
    Current workstation Dell 5820 with nVidia Quadro RTX 4000, 32 GB RAM, Win 10pro-64.
    3D software: Max 2022 (since 3d Studio), V-Ray 6, Phoenix 5, TyFlow, Deadline 10.1.

Comment

Ah, glad that you sorted it out.

Cheers!
      Georgi Zhekov
      Phoenix Product Manager
      Chaos

Comment

Working...
      X