Fountain example scene renders with lots of little dots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fountain example scene renders with lots of little dots

Was looking at the fountain example scene to see how I could improve a simulation I was working on. Problem is when it rendered the pool of water at the base of the fountain was covered in lots of little dots. Forum search said this can be down to either VRay sun visible in reflection or it being told to render the particles as points. Removing the sun didn't fix this issue and deleting the shader icon to try and stop any kind of point rendering resulted in the simulation now rendering nothing at all.

I cant find anything in the main rollout for the sim that would stop it from rendering? anyone know which setting im missing to bring back the simulation? its basically the fountain example scene minus the particle shader but now nothing renders. I can see the sim and the mesh in the viewport.

Added screenshots of viewport, vfb and rollouts for the sim.
    Attached Files

Hello,

The fountain example scene has the liquid mesh disabled for rendering and it renders the liquid particles as points in the Particle shader. This is in order for it to emulate the aerated fast moving water coming out of the nozzle.
    These are the white points you're referring to.

If you go in the right-click menu > object properties for the liquid simulator, you can enable the renderable checkbox and the liquid mesh will render.
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by georgi.zhekov View Post
      Hello,

The fountain example scene has the liquid mesh disabled for rendering and it renders the liquid particles as points in the Particle shader. This is in order for it to emulate the aerated fast moving water coming out of the nozzle.
      These are the white points you're referring to.

If you go in the right-click menu > object properties for the liquid simulator, you can enable the renderable checkbox and the liquid mesh will render.
      ah didnt know that was possible on the liquid simulator. thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X