Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix won't simuilate

hi all
    i had a big problem trying to simulate some smoke in a closed object in a specific scene.
    so i testet it in a diferent scene beacause i thought the scene might just be to big (meanig too many polys), but it all worked fine.
    so i found out that i cant simulate in a sphere (4 example) when the normals point outside, but that it works fine when they are fliped (pointing inside).

just wanted to communicate that, beacause i needed a lot of time to found out

now im struggling a bit with the tweaking to get some smoke without fire, so if you got any tips that would be great!

but over all phoenix is a great tool, it got just a bit of a challenging learning curve
    best regards
    MathTheRender

emoticom AG
    www.emoticom.ch

Regarding smoke without fire a quick run-down:

-Set temperature to a meaningful value (if you want hot smoke, make it hot, if not...well then not :P)
    -Turn on the smoke channel in the output options
    -in the rendering options turn off "emmission" to get rid of the rendering of fire based on temperature
    -use the transparency and diffuse settings in the render options to tweak the look of the smoke

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

no need to use the smoke channel, the temperature based solutions run slightly faster and consume less ram. just disable the emission and lift up the opacity diagram.

Comment

Good to know!

Comment

thanks guys!
          your tips gonna help me get into the logic of Phoenix much more faster!
          best regards
          MathTheRender

emoticom AG
          www.emoticom.ch

Comment

Working...
          X