Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke dissapering in chunks

Hi

I'm doing some sims but for some reason the smoke does not fade as I wish. It's more dissapearing in steps. that doesn't look to good. It's visible in the sim and sure is in the rendering. I attach a qt for you to see. Any tip would be great.

Guess not. Server won't take my file and I can't upload to my host right now. But maybe you know what I experience?

I'm workin in worldscale and using adaptive grid for the smoke. Looks like it fills the grid to the limit and then instantly removes the outermost edge. Only the edge is quite a big chunk My bet is adaptive grid related.

Time scale 0,4
    Vorticity 0,2
    Discharge: 10000
    Temperature: 1800

If you look at the two files in sequence it's quite noticeable.

But it's random and only a few times on a 300 frame sequence
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lander; 27-04-2011, 01:43 PM.

cant see the images in big size, but one suggestion: switch on the smoke channel ,set the source to release smoke=1, and switch the transparency to "simple smoke". to attach any files that are not images, compress them to a zip

Comment

No need to see them hires. The two images are in sequence and there is quite a big change in the top where the smoke goes away.
      They are in the wrong order. right one is first.
      Anyway. I changed the Gridsize to be about the size of the adaptive grid at it's biggest and the sim ran just fine.
      It all came out nicely in steroscopic

So I think it was cos of the adaptive grid based on smoke that made the cells dissapear in chunks every once in a while.

Comment

ah yes, the adaptive grid fills the new born areas with "pure air" without any smoke.

Comment

Yes that's true. But in my case it downsized the grid to early

Comment

perhaps your adaptive threshold is too high

Comment

I havn't played with that setting. I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
              X