Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• render liquid with texture

Hi,

I need to render liquid with texture, for example noise, not transparent as water.
    It is not problem to assign Vray material to phoenix simulator, but problem is texture is static and it is not moving with liquid cells so it looks very strange when rendered.

Is there any way to assign texture to cells and not to simulator?
    I tried to add uvw map to simulator, but it is not possible.

--
    Best regards,

Mladen Šašić
    3D department
    Wiltehnik d.o.o. Sarajevo

what build are you using, 1.2 or 2.0 beta?
    perhaps you failed to use uvw cause the automatically initialization of the uvw channel was removed in 2.0.
    anyway, the uvw solution is not good, because the liquid changes its topology and points that are initial near, become more and more disconnected, that leads to thread-like result. of course sometimes this is actually the desired result, and then uvw is ok.
    but if you need long term mapping, phoenix provides another solution, the particle texture. it constructs a texture over a particle system and base texture (for example noise), each particle "wears" the base texture thus producing a moving pattern. you can drag PF with the phoenix operator, or if you use 2.0 you can use directly the phoenix particles (select simple drag in the source).

Comment

I use 1.2, didn't even know 2.0 beta is released till now.

I can't add uvw map, when I select simulator and click on modifier list, there is no uvw map in list, just uvw mapping add and clear, and uvw mapping add crashes 3ds max every time i try it.

I will try your suggestion, thanks.

--
      Best regards,

Mladen Šašić
      3D department

Comment

for uvw mapping you have to export the uvw channel during the simulation, and it is used when the texture is set to explicit mapping. no modifiers are needed.

Comment

Thanks, I understand now, but you are right, it looks very strange with uvw.

I will try with particle flow, and also with 2.0 beta release.

--
          Best regards,

Mladen Šašić
          3D department

Comment

Working...
          X