Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected filling - Source

Hi,

I wish that it would be possible to control a liquid source by a node object (f.e. a box or any other closed geometry), which volume acts as a specification for the expected amout of liquid which comes out of the source. Additionally a time parameter in frames or seconds says, how long the source may need to drop the required liquid. Then you just have to specify the start frame and the liquid generation will be stopped automatically because of the given values. So the pressure value will be calculated internally. As result i got a clean fill process with the right fill level without a long experimental phase.

I hope it is clear what I want to say .

Thanks! - May the source be with you!
    Last edited by TubeSmokeGuy; 16-04-2019, 11:58 PM.

Hey,

You can use the brush volume mode of the liquid source - it will gradually fill the volume of the emitter with liquid. You can find more about it here - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/PHX3MAX/Liquid+Source+%7C+LiquidSrc#LiquidSource|LiquidSrc-General

Another thing you can do is to turn on Initial Liquid Fill from the Phoenix FD Properties (this way you don't need a source). This way the whole volume of the emitter geometry will be filled with liquid at the start of the simulation. You can find more here - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ies-Parameters

Cheers,
    Georgi Zhekov
    Phoenix Product Manager
    Chaos

Comment

Hi, thanks for reply.

What I want is that the liquid comes from something like a water tap, which is the source, and fill a bottle with a nearly accurate volume. So i can not use the bottle as emitter cause then i got no water jet between the water tap an the bottle.
      So it will be nice if i could specify the liquid volume emittet by the water tap with an object which defines the bottles volume i want to fill.

Can you imagine what I am thinking about?

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, that really sounds like a great idea, though I'm afraid we won't be implementing that soon. We'll keep it in mind though.

Thank you,
        Georgi Zhekov
        Phoenix Product Manager
        Chaos

Comment

Damn, i would like to have it now ... But I understand you and thanks for your attention

Comment

Here is a little vid of what I am want to do. At the end of the sim the emitter unfortunately has too much power. So i have to try some value changes. Please notice what I posted in the other thread concerning this topic.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is another pic what describes what i want to achieve.

Comment

Working...
              X