Export Alembic Particles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Export Alembic Particles

Regarding liquid simulations; Currently I am able to export the entire container with liquid, foam, splash to alembic particles but I haven't found a clean way to export the particle groups as separate alembics. It would also work if each particle group had a group within the alembic file so if they were still in the same file, they could be separated by group in another application.

One complicated method that might work would be to export each particle group to PRT, then load the individual PRTs into pflow, then export from pflow to alembic. But that's a bit of a process of course.

Wishlist item
    Josh Clos
    FX / 3D Generalist

Oh yes, I've been scratching my head as to how to do this more cleanly too. Adding one more vote to it

Cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

another vote for this please

Comment

Hey, just an update on this one - with a latest Phoenix nightly would would be able to select any of the Phoenix "Particles [] of []" nodes representing the Foam, Splash, etc. particle systems and 'Export Selected' from 3ds Max to separate alembics. Still yet to figure the particle export to ABC in Maya, but hopefully this is helpful for the Max guys

Cheers!

Comment

Just note that 3ds Max's built-in ABC exporter can export alembic particles, but even in Max 2019 it cannot read them back, yet. So you need to use e.g. a VRayProxy to load the particles...

Comment

Working...
          X