This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by datalost View Post
    if I wanted to give the gizmo a bigger size than the sample, it hangs MAX whenever I want to render.
    Hi and thanks for the feedback! Can you send me a scene for the above? peter.matanov@chaos.com
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

Hi and thanks for the feedback! Can you send me a scene for the above? peter.matanov@chaos.com
      Hi Peter. I just sent it. to your mail. Thank you

Comment

Hi, I've used Enmesh modifier in these two objects. One plane and one mesh with proper unwrap modifier and no smoothing groups. Why is this one deforming the pattern?
        This is weird. I used VrayPattern Plugin in the past and it was really nice for creating some facade detaills. Hope this works in future builds.
        Thanks in advance
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
        jerocg.com

Comment

Originally posted by emonimo View Post
          Hi, I've used Enmesh modifier in these two objects. One plane and one mesh with proper unwrap modifier and no smoothing groups. Why is this one deforming the pattern?
          This is weird. I used VrayPattern Plugin in the past and it was really nice for creating some facade detaills. Hope this works in future builds.
          Thanks in advance
          Hi. If this modifier deals with the sample like if it were a texture perhaps a "reset Xform" could help. Maybe you scaled the object unintentionally.

Comment

Originally posted by emonimo View Post
            Can you post the scene so that we can check it out? We should be able to fix this.

Best regards,
            Vlado

I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado, here you have the file.

https://we.tl/t-HDx3OsFvIl
              WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world. Share large files and photos. Transfer up to 2GB free. File sharing made easy!
              jerocg.com

Comment

This might just be me I find it hard to tell from the Enmesh widget what the orientation will end up being on the enmeshed object, in particular as regards to rotating the widget to get a result I want. Might it be possible/useful to have some indicator on the widget as to which direction is going to be the normal from the object the enmesh is being applied to, e.g. one colored face or an arrow pointing out from the widget cube?

e.g. simplest example I can think of, I have a plane, I enmesh a cylinder onto it, I want it to look like a set of fence posts with the repeated cylinder pointing up and down in world space, but instead I get a stack of pipes with the cylinder pointing "out of" the plane along its normal. I can get what I want, but I have to guess what rotation of the widget will achieve it (as otherwise I end up with the cylinder horizontal rather than vertical). I find myself getting more confused the more complex the shape I am using as the object to be repeated

Comment

Originally posted by tom_grimes View Post
                  This might just be me I find it hard to tell from the Enmesh widget what the orientation will end up being on the enmeshed object, in particular as regards to rotating the widget to get a result I want. Might it be possible/useful to have some indicator on the widget as to which direction is going to be the normal from the object the enmesh is being applied to, e.g. one colored face or an arrow pointing out from the widget cube?

e.g. simplest example I can think of, I have a plane, I enmesh a cylinder onto it, I want it to look like a set of fence posts with the repeated cylinder pointing up and down in world space, but instead I get a stack of pipes with the cylinder pointing "out of" the plane along its normal. I can get what I want, but I have to guess what rotation of the widget will achieve it (as otherwise I end up with the cylinder horizontal rather than vertical). I find myself getting more confused the more complex the shape I am using as the object to be repeated
                  Thanks Tom!

We'll add some indicator to the gizmo.

Peter Matanov
                  Chaos

Comment

It seems that the VRayDisplacementMod to the source object is ignored, is this a spec?
                    It may be better to write it in the document.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                    oakcorp.net
                    v-ray.jp

Comment

Also, hair curve such as VRayFur cannot be used as a source.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                      oakcorp.net
                      v-ray.jp

Comment

It is expected, yes. We'll add a note.

Peter Matanov
                        Chaos

Comment

I'm really liking Enmesh! Below is an intricate transparent curtain I made for a project I'm working on at the moment. All parts of the curtain are made entirely out of 3D elements. With the help of Enmesh, I effortlessly covered the whole cloth surface with a patch from the curtain. According to the render stats tab, Enmesh had spawned 360,000 primitives, each made of 138,000 polygons. This makes 50 billion rendered polygons with ram usage of just 700 MiB (with the Bucket sampler). Props to the devs!! The curtain patch model took me less than an hour to make and then Enmesh did the rest. This would have not looked anywhere near as good for close-up shots or reacted the same way to lighting if I had made this with a texture. Not to mention it was SO much easier to edit the 3D model of the curtain patch than editing a texture both in terms of shape and material properties.

Click image for larger version  Name:	enmesh_curtain_1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	698.7 KB ID:	1152978Click image for larger version  Name:	enmesh_curtain_2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	670.2 KB ID:	1152979Click image for larger version  Name:	enmesh_curtain_3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	379.4 KB ID:	1152980Click image for larger version  Name:	enmesh_curtain_4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	468.0 KB ID:	1152981Click image for larger version  Name:	enmesh_curtain_5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	771.4 KB ID:	1152982Click image for larger version  Name:	vescom_fogo_sample.jpg Views:	0 Size:	208.9 KB ID:	1152983
                          Last edited by Alex_M; 03-07-2022, 01:56 PM.
                          Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                          AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

That seems to have worked really well! Glad to see Enmesh is useful

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That's amazing.
                              Check out my (rarely updated) blog @ http://macviz.blogspot.co.uk/

www.robertslimbrick.com

Cache nothing. Brute force everything.

Comment

wow, that does look very impressive. Nice one!
                                Website
                                https://mangobeard.com/
                                Behance
                                https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Working...
                                X