Rendering slower than Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering slower than Next

I rendered a project in 6 and it came out slower than in 2020 Next rendering. 13mins vs 16mins approx.
    Attached Files

Hello,

It would be great if you could share the scene in question.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

It exceeds the upload limit here, if you have FTP I can provide it to you

Comment

You can use the support form at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
        Yavor Rubenov
        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Thanks, I uploaded the file, let me know how it goes

Comment

Hello again.
            So, i tested the file you sent, and indeed it renders a good 15% slower than with Next for pretty much exactly the same noise level.
            This is chiefly due to the change to the LightCache made as of V.5, which however isn't of much help in your case.
            I took the liberty to update the scene setup to a modern one, which doesn't involve the IRMap (essentially an old method to get a smooth GI solution), but uses the Denoiser instead (which conditionally smooths the image).
            The result is a render with 20% lower Noise Level, but a render time about four times lower than in V-Ray Next.
            Let me know what can be shared publicly, if anything at all, or if you preferred i got back to you via E-Mail with the various samples.
            Last edited by ^Lele^; 12-06-2022, 07:30 AM.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
            X