Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catch texture missing warning

Hi guys

I have a simple vrscene with one missing texture, it can be rendered normally by vray with warning( 'failed to load' ).
    However, if it is loaded and rendered using AppSDK, an error will occur and it will exit with exit code -1073741819 (0xC0000005).
    How can this kind of error be caught? I have tried using "try catch", but it does not work.

This is abnormal behavior that shouldn't happen. Can you give us the vrscene file to debug?

Comment

Originally posted by stanislav.kirilov View Post
      This is abnormal behavior that shouldn't happen. Can you give us the vrscene file to debug?
      Hi stanislav​,here is the vrscene file and a python file loading it. thanks~
      Attached Files

Comment

my app sdk version is v4.30.03 btw

Comment

Please, use the latest stable nightly build from here:
          https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...k4/stable/4.30

Comment

Originally posted by stanislav.kirilov View Post
            Please, use the latest stable nightly build from here:
            https://nightlies.chaos.com/main#/vr...k4/stable/4.30
            Hi stanislav,
            I installed the latest build (appsdk-win-stable-vray_v4.30.03-20230407.exe), but the issue still persists.

Comment

That's weird because I tested with the same version before posting my comment and I got only a missing texture warning.

Comment

It seems that the problem is with the dumpMsg function. After commenting it out, the error no longer occurs.

Comment

Weird because I used your test file with dumpMsg and your vscene-file rendered on my side and printed the messages properly. I tested with both Python 3.7 and 2.7 and both worked.
                  Last edited by stanislav.kirilov; 12-05-2023, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X