No announcement yet.

V-Ray 1.46.15 available for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(*) A new mode, Progressive path tracing has been added to the light cache. See the tutorial for a discussion.
    this is funny...you casually implement something that half the internet is raving about because someone puts a kickass gallery online with clever marketing talk about some esoteric rendering approach, which is nothing else than the lack of any optimisation (unbiased blah).

if i had this coding skills i'd spend one or two more weeks to build some template material plugins with fancy labels (dielectric isotropic phase whatever empiric) and sell it as a seperate hi end renderer called WELLMAX and get rich.
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Well at last it has a great option. Scientific perfection.

Also no need to prepare caustics, as you only turn them on in global gi.

and setuptime is short.

Lets play and see whats worth. what i would like is this modus in network

and also for flight through maybe.

lets go.

Tom

Comment

PPT is WAY cool! Poor Maxwell.
        Tim Nelson
        timnelson3d.com

Comment

PPT is a no go with DR from my tests too. The slaves did get the scene...that's what I was all excited about. When I got back after a break I noticed all the slaves failed...
          Best regards,

Corey Rubadue
          Director

Chaos Group

Comment

Dont mind, its a goodie, usualy it was said, that no new features would come in for the final 1.5, and now

GONG

Vlado did it again.

i am sure, it will be improved later on.

Tom

Comment

GONG

Vlado did it again
              Yes, he had to do something against that marketing beast...
              You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

I guess I should of said "Does unbiased also mean..."
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

Light cache hasn't worked with DR in previous versions either. This is something that is slated for post 1.5 versions, if recall correctly. Would be nice though.

Something else that could be nice is some sort of optional mousetracking when using the PPT mode. That way you could move the pointer around to control where extra samples are taken.
                  Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Yes many things for the future here

-dr with ppt
                    - use of ppt as prepass for i-map, (which seems not to work in one step, but when you save ppt and reload it, it works if i am not wrong)
                    - input of time untill ppt stops, and gets used as prepass in secoundary bounces, so i-map can make the noise clean,
                    - something like samplinglevel, for animaitons as with maxwell
                    - thats it at the mom i think

Tom

Comment

Vlado, do we have a Max6 version of that intial setup max file?
                      I can somehow recreate that but I'd like to start it off just like
                      everybody...and I'm feeling a bit lazy..sorry.
                      vertex wrangler

Comment

Vlado, one Question left,

is this bidirectional progressive path tracing ? as with maxwell, ore "one directional".

Comment

Vlado, one Question left,

is this bidirectional progressive path tracing ? as with maxwell, ore "one directional".
                          Nope, it's not bidirectional; it is normal backward (camera) tracing. Implementing a bi-directional algorithm is not that hard (VRay already does forward or "light" tracing for photon mapping) but is certainly a little more complicated.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah,

Would bidirectional pathtracing have any advantages that would make it worth thinking about (to te cost of slower calculation ?)

another thing i was thinking about is if the progressive method could be speeded up also, and if a way could be build in to get istant feedback to any changes of the scene (like with fprime),

this seems to be the first step, to a great realtime previiew window

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by v_wrangler
                              Vlado, do we have a Max6 version of that intial setup max file?
                              I can somehow recreate that but I'd like to start it off just like
                              everybody...and I'm feeling a bit lazy..sorry.
                              I second this, but for a Max5 version.

Comment

I'm a bit late but Thank you all !!

Gael

Comment

Working...
                                X